www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just looked at some of the pics from the Bowling Green event on the PDGA site. It says this is one of the oldest events in PDGA history. Claimed to be the Daytona 500 of Disc Golf. I was a little confused about some of the Pictures. From my interpretation of the rule book Atier events require shirts with a collar, or cool-dri type shirts. Like Nike, Huk lab, asics, and Under Armor produces. Its nice to see in the biggest oldest event that the TD's and Players didn't have enough respect for the game to follow one of the easiest rules in the book, but that's just my take.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Considering that this group of players would include Ams and Pros, why not require them to play in Open or Advanced rather than their own division mixed together?
not to mention mr tokio dominated the advanced field at the A tier ATL open a couple weeks before finishing 2nd. He knew what he was doing. Kade I love ya man but being his buddy doesn't change the fact that it was a little shady. If you finish top 3 in a MAJOR A TIER and then drop down a couple weeks later to win a basket. hmmm...... I do understand you defending bagging though...lol....Glad we got to actually hang out a little up in BG. St
Shan Trotter said:
Glad we got to actually hang out a little up in BG. St

I had a great time in BG even though I didnt play well. It was my first out of state disc golf road trip and it was cool to see people I know! Being that my game has hit a plateau, my rating went up to 936 then back down to 926 and to 931. I have to deal with this due to my skill level. I dont mind. When playing at courses Ive NEVER seen Ill certainly play int. In Atl. I'll play advanced. In the last 9 months I found this kid Tokio and I thought he's got potential. We play together now and he based his placement on where I was b/c we scored similarly. He was new and thats all he had to go on. He'll learn soon enough for himself, surpass anything I could do, and be a pro before we know it.
i played with Tokio during the tournament. I personally dont feel that he was bagging. he is new to the game, Who would want to step up to advance and play against some of the best ams in the world when you first start. He just threw good solid golf, it was that he was way to good for the division he just threw solid. Good job man!
Never met him, don't know. I was just pointing out that 3 out of the top 5 were unranked. That seems like bull to me. "Who would want to step up to advance and play against some of the best ams in the world when you first start", aparantly him, he placed 2nd in advanced like a week before at a big event. Then he drops down and crushes the int field. Good job there bro! Maybe there are some women and children you can boot stomp on the way out the door with your basket.

Forgive me, my kids kept me up half the night sick last night. I'm a little bitter today.

ethan harbolt said:
i played with Tokio during the tournament. I personally dont feel that he was bagging. he is new to the game, Who would want to step up to advance and play against some of the best ams in the world when you first start. He just threw good solid golf, it was that he was way to good for the division he just threw solid. Good job man!
One stroke win = CRUSHING the int. field. LOL

Atl Open = 33 players, Home Course/Traning Grounds

Bowling Green = 160 players, Stepped Up to a new tee every throw
I started playing disc golf last summer. Blaine is in our club, he was a good player but not the best in CDGC. I've been playing with him and watching him improve since then. He practices ALOT and can throws a disc so hard he leaves fingerprints in the plastic. Me and everyone that played bowling green can tell you what he can do with a "Comet". So anyone out there thinking he's a Bagger, no way, he has SKILLS. To bad he no good at cribbage.
Ha!
You're right Kade.
Today I am whining. I'll shut up until I actually get some sleep tonight :-)

Kade Atkinson said:
One stroke win = CRUSHING the int. field. LOL

Atl Open = 33 players, Home Course/Traning Grounds

Bowling Green = 160 players, Stepped Up to a new tee every throw
Kade Atkinson said:
Shan Trotter said:
Glad we got to actually hang out a little up in BG. St

I do agree with you on that Kade you know I am in the same sort of situation as you. Right at the line where you can finish top three in INT and get called a bagger everytime or go Up to ADV and hope you cash. When you go and play these courses out of town or in the blind that has to be taken in consideration. I will play ADV next week at our home town tourney. KADE I HOPE YOU BRING A CREW UP!!!! But when I went to ATL or Carolina the two a tiers I played INT. If we lowered the PDGA dues for everyone and made them have a number to play in tourneys then I think you could alleviate some of this but it might turn away some newbies but It would motivate them to get a number to compete. Its a hard pill to swallow either way if you are the bagger or bagged on so lets remember why we started playing. Cuz Disc golf is fun. That was probably my last BG to anyway. Those guys up there make a KILLING on that tourney so I chose to stay home and get no pay out. St
I had a great time in BG even though I didnt play well. It was my first out of state disc golf road trip and it was cool to see people I know! Being that my game has hit a plateau, my rating went up to 936 then back down to 926 and to 931. I have to deal with this due to my skill level. I dont mind. When playing at courses Ive NEVER seen Ill certainly play int. In Atl. I'll play advanced. In the last 9 months I found this kid Tokio and I thought he's got potential. We play together now and he based his placement on where I was b/c we scored similarly. He was new and thats all he had to go on. He'll learn soon enough for himself, surpass anything I could do, and be a pro before we know it.
I too have seen Blaine improve immensely over the year or so that I have had the pleasure of knowing him and he is no bagger. There was a point late last year where he started doing great on the Charleston courses and even regularly competing or beating Jonas, one of the local pros there. First week of November he came to crash at my house and play in our B Tier and was talking about going to Open div in 09 before crapping the bed on the final day. He realized he needed to improve substantially before doing so, and he decided to give advanced another year.

Also, Blaine had the advantage of staying with his grandparents there in Bowling Green and not some strange bed in a noisy motel, and he had some good buddies make the trip with him and support and encourage him. I think that makes a HUGE difference when the skills at the top of the division are otherwise equal.
I will second that, I played a doubles round in FL with Blaine at the La Vie en Rose tourney, and it was sick. That comet floated for about 4 minutes at a time, and then it's by the basket. Tell him congrats from his random doubles partner.
Chapman Lucas said:
I started playing disc golf last summer. Blaine is in our club, Me and everyone that played bowling green can tell you what he can do with a "Comet". So anyone out there thinking he's a Bagger, no way, he has SKILLS.
You know it never ceases to amaze me how no matter how well someone does in this sport there is always a few A$$HOLE$ that cannot just give a guy a pat on the back and a "WAY TO GO" but have to criticize and critique every tiny aspect of there wardrobe, rank, and division choices and rip apart a wonderful moment in that persons life. Comes down to what your mother use to day, " if you cant say something nice...". Until I seen this thread about someone that I care about as a team mate and person, I thought that every disc golfer was a class act, that being said I could not get more wrong. If anyone of these people were to spend 3 min around Blaine you would gladly eat every negative word about him or his game. This has been a very disappointing turn events for me as a disc golfer and a member of DGRUS. Thank you all who made this possible, may you end up the target of the same ridicule.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968