www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Lately I've been in the process of breaking in a brand new Star Katana. Tonight I took it in hand and smashed the edge of it into a block wall. Then I threw it and parked a hole with it.

How do you enjoy breaking in that new disc? I have been throwing mine into the ground and also standing on it. And the aforementioned block wall smashing. Any ideas?

Do you also think that you break in to a disc as well? I know that is one thing that is happening with this new disc. I'm figuring it out.

Views: 1430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I once folded a DX XD into a little ball after I thought it was flippy but it did not flip...the folded version flips every time.
ah...yea.
I don't like to bend the discs. To me that is just messing with them too much, maybe damaging them. I have friends who do this, but I cringe when I see it. My friend did it to my disc yesterday and I cringed. I know it's just me, but I would rather whack it into something.

I guess that I'm afraid that the disc will stay warped and not go back to flat again.
I run my brand new discs through a meat grinder...works pretty good. They come out waaayy understable.

Seriously though, I just let them break in on their own. To me there's no sense shortening a disc's lifespan. I don't get it. If you want something less overstable, why not just buy something less overstable?
Sometimes you buy a disc that is supposed to be understable, yet when you throw it at first it is overstable. I see no problem with speeding up the break in process. Eventually it will get where it needs to be.
For me there is no such thing as a lifespan on a disc, I've never thrown anything beat in that I ever thought (that's only going to last a little while longer). At best I've only thought that with DX/Pro style plastics. Everything else is butter.
Yeah!!! ...Meat grinder...Bahahahahhaha.

Just think what others watching that don't play the game think....Either that you really suck or it's just an angry game...lmao!!

The dryer on super low heat would probably work pretty good...you could add some dryer sheets for that April Fresh Katana too.
Don't throw skip shots on the street. It will grind to much !!!
I like overstable disc i'll trade you one ive been throwing for a couple of months for a new one lol. you should prob try a pro katana oh yeah by the way i'm not skerred of a new star katana
in Texas summers, just leave your disc on your dash for a couple of afternoons, really gummy, becomes understable quick. no work needed.
I can understand. I wouldnt do it to my soft wizards. I don't throw any DX anymore either. It seams to me that by bending the plastic, you get the same results that the concrete provides, without shredding the edge of the disc. I used to use your method, it works great. I would be suprised if you could permenantly damage your high quality plastic with your hands, I have never tried.
Yes, I think that the sun beating down on it in the old Volvo could do the trick. Yesterday it was 120 degrees inside the car.

Or maybe I should just run it over with the Volvo. No I don't think so...
These are Nice with very little break in needed !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968