www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I would like to know the different styles of breaking in new plastic. I have been told to bend the edge around the disc over and over. Been told to take it and beat it on a tree. Some just take them and let time do the work. do you speed up the break in time. One guy puts new discs on the seat of his car and sits on them....sorry but my discs would fly like shit LOL.

Views: 22

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what does a rule book have to do with this?????????????
I love to hate you, Jonny-boy...
Exactly.
Go play some heavily wooded courses regularly. Obviously this wont help beat them in in a week, but the beating in process takes me MONTHS for most plastics apart from DX/Pro D. I dont try to artificially beat my discs in quicker, it just doesnt seem right to me!
I like to pull the disc in question out on the short wooded holes and give it a full pull ace run. The way I see I either get an ace or it smacks a tree and help with the break in time.

Also I made a mistake one time and watched half a football game while a disc was being dyed. Bye the time I figured out what I did, it was to late the disc was a brand new nuke that felt like a supersoft putter. Took it out to the field and it was broken in perfect lol. I do not suggest melting disc into new flight paths. But I do miss that good ol' disc, may it rest in peace with the fishies at the bottom of the lake.
Just keep throwing them normally as you would. Some disc's take longer to break in. Start with a disc less stable than your used to , then advance to the more overstable plastic.
I'll also throw a lot of spike hyzers and/or overhands to help the process. This kind of depends on the disc and situation though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968