www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I would like to know the different styles of breaking in new plastic. I have been told to bend the edge around the disc over and over. Been told to take it and beat it on a tree. Some just take them and let time do the work. do you speed up the break in time. One guy puts new discs on the seat of his car and sits on them....sorry but my discs would fly like shit LOL.

Views: 15

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But on another hand you wouldnt take a baseball glove off the shelf and go out and play ball with it you rub it down with oil make it loose get the pocket right. I would only sand burrs on my disc but... massage them give them a little more flex is how i help my discs fly better. Yeah you are right the game is only good if played by the rules. I play in tourneys and would not do crazy stuff to my babys.
I generally just throw the disc and let it break in on its own. The one exception was a Star Katana (which I ended up giving away). It was so overstable that I was trying to hasten the break in process. Smacked it into the block wall a couple of times and even forehand spiked it directly into the ground. I don't think that it mattered much in the end and so I gave the disc away. I am going to replace that disc this week with one that will hopefully be more what I want.

I don't like bending discs at all.

Hey, it's your disc. In the end you can do with it whatever you want. Whatever floats your boat.
Just break them in with time. But throwing alot of thumbers and rollers will help.
I just throw em too, overhand shots in a field are good practice and break in the disc quickly, I do it more for practice though.
They also wouldn't play with a club if it was bent over time through the normal motions of the game. This is a terrible and irrelevant analogy. And I'm not sure what breaking your discs in has to do with love and respect of the game.
Usually I break a disc in naturally and shuffle it through my bag as it ages, but when I lost my extremely beat in stratus I bought a new one and spiked in into the ground repeatedly until it looked terrible. I knew there wasn't an off the shelf disc that would do what that one did.
Disc's break in over time of normal play.
To speed up break in time, play more.
Perfectly said!!!!
That is a good statement i play four to five days a week
But the problem being is my bag and all my discs got stolen out of my truck ....and i have a club championship to play in one week with out a lot of money to spend on equipment so i got some copys of discs i loved but they were real beat and i knew they were going long, right, left but the new ones are pretty stiff and i think i would set the record to break them in playing
Break it in on the chains- smooth, even wear with no serious scratches or permanent dents or warps.
Normal play...and keep in mind....with today's variety of discs, you can pick discs that will do what you expect them to do off the shelf....The guys who are constantly trying to break in discs in artificially....are probably throwing the wrong discs..either by weight or mold.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968