www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a Champion Wraith that I bought a couple of weeks ago that I have thrown in action about 12 times and maybe another twenty during field work. This thing is still too overstable for my liking, is there anyway to break in Champ plastic that doesn't include banging it off of trees. I would like to get to the point where I know if this disc is too overstable for my bag.

Will carrying around the disc all day and flexing the rim break it in?

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Throw it hard directly into grassy ground at diffident angles, or throw it straight up really high and have it land on grassy ground, or throw into an old blanket over a wooded fence (or something like that).  That way you can break it in without scratching it up.
Well not that I would suggest doing it, but when I first started dying disc I let one get to hot in pan. It became my best driver until I lost it. So you could put it a pan of water and warp it a little bit. If you do this I would go to much on the heat It may melt it lol.
Try putting it in the drier with a load of cloths.
I love the dryer with a load of clothes idea. Have you actually tried this Nut, and what heat setting did you use?
no, but you would think the heat and weight of the cloths would beat it up some.
When I want to break in a disc fast I'll throw it overhand for a while.  The hard impact with the ground helps them soften up a bit quicker.
I thought about putting them in the Dishwasher the other day.....Anyone tried that?
I have washed my discs in the dishwasher... They came out really really soft and I liked the way they felt but most of the stamps were washed off or smudged up.

The wife said hell no to the dryer idea by the way.

I was out after work hitting the field, getting in some work with turning over my mids. I pulled the drivers out and went through the stack, downwind and upwind. The Wraith I have is so super overstable I cannot get it to fly straight. I was even getting my Champ Boss to pop up better than this wriath.

I have removed the flash, outer and under, beat the crap out of it, pissed on it, and ran it over with a Mack truck. Nothing, doesn't even phase it, I swear it called me a pus#y out at the field today. Disc goes back to the store tomorrow for some disc to disc comparison.

lol pissed on it. have you tried 5 hail mary's while sprinkling holy water and pressing a cross to it? it may just be possesed
I did, but it lit the cross on fire and laughed at me.
LOL! That is Awesome.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968