www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has any one used the new off clip on? If not what do you use if anything?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd be hesitant to try something that says it is :
GREEN BAN IS A DISCONTINUED PRODUCT AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
so after doing some research, most reports show that 30 - 50 percent deet will protect for 3 - 6 hours. 100 percent deet will protect for up to 12 hours. The only down side to deet is its a solvent and can destroy plastic. Overall it seems that 30 percent deet is all you really need.
Okay I have used all kinds of bug spray from Off Skintastic, 100% Deet, and my friend even has some organic stuff that smells like at Citronella candle.
I would say as discgolfers we use bug spray way more than the average person. Sometimes I wonder what the long term affects of this may be. Does anyone have any Ideas other than bug spray.
What about the dryer sheet thing. I have heard that a bunch, but I have even tried it but it doesn't seem to work.
Any Ideas?
Here in Hawaii we have a saying. " deet is my cologne" Walmart sells it's own brand that's 29%. A little spray on the palm and rub it on. Goes twice as far as spraying it on in clouds
always used deep woods or ultrathon

and @ rubbing it on your palms....I'll pass. I'd rather waste some $7 a can bug spray than coat my hands in the stuff.

call me crazy.
hey now,check out a Field & Stream mag.There was an advertisement for some repellent that's used up in Maine for the black flys that are a nusance.Sorry but forgot the name of the product,so get ya self to a bookstore.Might of started with the letter "T"
Who knows what the chemicals in those sprays do to you over the long term?

I'm in Florida and I don't use spray and we have a LOT of mosquitos. They don't really bother me much. Wonder if it's my diet?
Eating lots of garlic helps. Supposed to work on vampires or something, too. Seriously, garlic really does work!
I do love some garlic.
You guys are trippin spraying that stuff on yourselves. I sear a bee-keeper suit. Or take Ian with me a few rounds, I think it's his smell......

We use Deep Woods 25 off. Live in Louisiana, marshes within walking distance. Hunting, Fishing, mosquito's are a source of protien around here! Don't spray that crap all over your skin, One really quick shot on each arm and leg, spray shoes shorts shirt and hat a little. They'll leave you alone.
For me it's OFF Active. Sweat resistant so it lasts. I don't get bit and my home course is a lowland michigan swamp.

Note Deet has been known to cause cancer in lab animal testing. 25% works. Wash after every use.
I may be wrong, but....

isn't deet causing cancer similar to the nutrasweet causing cancer? Only did so in insane concentrations/doses?

but yeah, I usually wash after use just to be on the up and up

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968