www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So what is the busiest course in Michigan I don't have any sort of numbers to back up this statement but I would say Grand Woods is the busiest course in Michigan. I have had to wait over an hour to tee off at Grand Woods before. For those who don't know Grand Woods is in Lansing MI>

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Earl brewer in gr and cass in northville are both pretty busy.
Nothing compares to Brewer in the summer. On Saturday or Sunday, there are so many people there, My friends and I completely avoid the course. The parking lot will regularly over flow and people are forced to park on one of Gold's fairways. It's way to busy in my opinion.
Stopped at Brewer yesterday and the lot was full, cars lining Gold fairway. The blue nine by far is the busiest nine in Michigan hands down. Mob golf on every hole.
Brewers open now? I thought it was still closed for the winter.
I would go with Cass Benton.. From all that I'm reading on about brewer it would be the same on the parking and mob golf issue. but cass's parking lot is larger and there are 2 lots that in summer time willl be over flowed and parking along the woods and such. MOB golf, 15 people on each hole waiting to tee off, 2 groups playing at a time on each hole.. etc...
Maybe a tie is in order for this one.
It was open yesterday
The difference between cass and brewer is that brewer has 4 9'ers. Seems most just play the blue ( short&fun). Brewer also seemed to have more grown adults within it's scene- saw/heard a guy telling a dog owner to bag the poop, at cass this could lead to a fight:(
I've played brewer on a none busy day around thanksgiving.. It was a neat little course. and true about the dogs.. I have stopped taking mine to cass cuase I feel like everyone assumes it's My dog that crapped all over the place or my fav is the pit bulls off leash.
Earle Brewer...The name says it all!

One day I was asked to move away from the 2 practice baskets so they could play beer bong horseshoes...Somebody stood on the picnic table and worked the 4 foot long hose-style beer bong for the disc/horseshoe players!

The same day a bunch of good old boys showed up in nice trucks.
One guy had a hodge podge of Beer selections in his cooler and everyone was excited to get their favorite brand but the kicker was when the last guy showed up late and he brought CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES to go with the beer. So a bunch of guys wandering the parking lot like they just entered the gates of heaven with chocolate around their mouths and frothy beer to wash it all down with. I just hope they were special cookies and they were not just enjoying cookies and beer!
Earle Brewer Park is always an adventure!!!
and Packed with a line to get onto the short courses...
I vote Earle Brewer as the Busiest Course in Michigan!
Earle Brewer Park is just outside the Grand Rapids area in Kentwood, Michigan.
68th street exit off US 131 just a few miles from the highway...GO THROW.
LOVE awesome courses! HATE to wait! This thread reminds me of choosing between a root canal and a colonoscopy.
Wagner is pretty busy most of the time but that is probably because there is two tees for each basket.
Busy is one thing but mob golf is just...............Stupid. There is nothing worse than waiting 20 minutes at each tee while 12 donks whip their only disc around, some other tool is dancin around with a boom box on his shoulder like some 80's playa and everyone else is just standing around drinking beer and littering.

This is happened to me several times all over the place and that ends my round or I go and start over hoping they will finish the round sometime this week!

Im game for no more than 6 in a group, that way everyone can get their groove on. When your waiting for guys in your group to toss, more than 6 starts to agitate me and I cant get into a zone. Just my useless opinion.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968