www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So far I've had bad experiences with the folks that work the tennis shops in El Dorado and La Mirada (both in S. California). Each time I go in to check out and/or buy discs I get the feeling that the employees want nothing to do with me, like they are being forced to cater to my disc golfing needs. 

At Eldo I've actually seen the worker's facial expression change from blissful content, while conversing with fellow tennis players, to downright constipation when he realized I was next in line. 

La Mirada's shop used to be cool, but the gentleman that ran it is gone and now a new crew resides, a crew that charges $11/$12 for used discs. (And why are four or five baskets missing from the back 18?)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Tags: Dorado, El, Eldo, La, Mirada

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In court it's better to look good than too feel good!

Yooou look Mavolous (said with Spanish accent)
Well, I guess we have "Ya'll." But i notice other states trying to steal it. Cowabunga dude!
Buy Tennis Equipment from Tennis shops and Disc Golf Equipment from Disc Shops.
It supports your platform.
The money you give to Vendors that are dedicated to advancing the sport goes back into the sport. Your sport.
Give your money to a Tennis Shop and it goes to a Tennis Event.
Give your money to a Legitimate Disc Golf Vendor that gives back and you, the player, benefit from it in the end when your event is Nice and Payout is Fat!
Well said Disc 0
dudes I totally never said the word "tubular" ever! I totally have deep hate for that word! But I totally get why you ask that question because we Californians do say totally way too totally much.
Ya'll have a totally wicked cool weekend!
I'm all for supporting the disc golf specific shops.....but the money people make off of selling discs doesn't go back into the sport or some tourney payout pot, it goes to pay bills and taxes to the goverenment, or to feed the peoples kids and dogs just like everybodys elses income.

"Give your money to a Legitimate Disc Golf Vendor that gives back and you, the player, benefit from it in the end when your event is Nice and Payout is Fat!"

do you sell discs for profit to live off of? or do you sell discs to add to the payouts at your local tourneys? thats what I thought.
I was just saying that people who sell discs do it to make a profit.

I would venture to say that not a single person in the world sells discs purely to put all the profit towards a tourney payout or a club without gaining something in return. Some would say there is one exception.... fundraiser discs, but those are normally to raise funds for a club to purchase more baskets, land or other things to enhance thier course. Which is doing it to gain something for themselves, a better disc golfing experience or more options of places to golf at.

our company for example as you know sells and manufactures baskets and other disc golf supplies. It does allow us to give back to the local disc golf community and other disc golf entities, but that is not our purpose for having the business it is a perk allowed to us by having the business.

As you know I do buy my equipment from shops or people who have an interest in our sport. In my lifetime I have only bought 2 discs from non-disc golf specific shops, 1 from MC sports and 1 from walmart. But in the last week alone I have spent over $200 on discs, all from disc golf specific entrepreneurs. Many of them are on this site and some of them, like you, contacted through this site.
I couldn't tell you where that money went. It all goes into a pot and everybody gets paid out of that pot. I would say that the ratio that goes back into discgolf and that that doesn't looks something like your odds of dying of heart disease. Do I feel bad about that? NO, because many people benefit from our company's existance, more so than I do. We have givin away many of baskets at tournements as fundraisers for clubs and courses but I still dont own one. I have to borrow one of nine we manufactured for the sole purpose of having them availible for locals to use free of cost for temp courses, extra holes on tourneys and other fundraising events.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968