www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I personally love the buzz, and I have my reasons.... I have thrown the Roc, and it just isn't for me. However, there are a lot of folks out there that have not made up their minds.

Views: 1748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Buzzz vs. Roc. Man, that's a tough call.

The Roc has been an extension of my left hand on the DG course for years...and when I have a little room to the left of my target to play with (LHBH player), I can launch it out there up to around 250-260 feet, have it pause for just a split second, then gently glide down to the right at the target.

The Buzzz is faster and seems to hold a lower, straighter line...which I love, because I feel like I can rely on it more on tunnel/alley shots. However, I haven't quite been able to throw it as far as my Roc, except for in the Pro-D plastic.

I guess if I were forced to choose between the two, I would probably take the Buzzz, because I have other discs in my bag I can get to do what my Rocs do (though not as reliably)...while I don't have any other discs in my bag that can consistently hold those low, straight mid-range/approach lines like my Buzzz Pro-D and Elite-X plastic. Pains me to say that though, as Rocs are very close to my heart on the course.
Buzz without a doubt. It is one of only two Discraft discs in my bag along with the soft Magnet. It will do what you want when you want it. I just got one of those new RW Pro Rocs and it does not compare with my Buzz!
The chicken: ROC.
The Roc was the 2nd disc I ever trusted; always have one in my bag. I don't think the Buzz is comparable.
I carry both of them. Actually 1 buzz and 2 rocs. I like the buzz the best but there are some things my rocs do better.
ROC
hmm sounds a like you can be a bit biased...you should play another round but instead throw ur roc 1st on odd holes and see what you shoot then! ;-)
lol
Buzzs are inconsistent and once u break a roc in it is one of the most straight discs i have ever thrown roc by a long shot
Since when is Buzzz's inconsistent. If that was at all true is wouldn't be a popular disc, I know players that throw all Innova except a Buzzz.

But anyways I have both. I have a ESP Buzzz Max weight and Roc Star Ontario max weight, both fly about the same except the Roc has a bit more fade at end, not much.

The same answer applies to ford vs. chevy, mustang vs. camaro, chocolate vs vanilla, good vs evil, and so on and so on....

BTW FLX Buzzz is my prefrence.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968