www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I personally love the buzz, and I have my reasons.... I have thrown the Roc, and it just isn't for me. However, there are a lot of folks out there that have not made up their minds.

Views: 1781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Buzz is most consistent in my bag, but only FLX. A special blend Roc is close second. With so much to lose and so many cheaper options, CE isn't worth the money to throw. Makes a good trophy to hang on the wall.
i like the classic roc more then the roc used to throw a buzzz but the classic roc tooks its place ages ago
Star Rocs and Champion Sharks are awesome !!!!!! A Buzz's rim is a bit to shallow for my fingers !!!!
I really would like a Z Drone !!!!!
we played a buzz vrs roc tourny, the overall scores were lower with the buzz but i believe the lowest score was achieved with the roc.
this tourny was in oklahoma city.
my personal preference is the buzz.
The Roc is arguably the best disc ever made, however, I like the fact that discraft offers their Buzzz in many different plastics. Even though they do make the Buzzz in a bunch of different plastics I don't think I will ever be able to walk away from my Rocs.
Roc on.
-Tim
If you go to ZoneDriven they sell a factory second CE Roc for $16.99....
Wonder if they sold them all year long, at a reasonable price would more be thrown? (Not Factory Seconds)
I personally throw a Champion Cobra I bought way back in the day so I don't know much about the Roc...One of my friends has a Buzz and he seems to like it...Either way they are both good discs
i also use the champion cobra primarily as my midrange disc , i dont understand why it is no longer manufactured.
ive tried the differnt rocs from different plants as well the classic roc they just dont fly well for me.
that being said with practice i could become a roc lover if i could learn to throw them as well as the top pros do.
the buzz and wasp combo is a great addition to any bag.
I never thought I would say this, but the Buzzz, its just better Technology. its faster , further, fuller in the hand and more consistant. The roc does have its benefits , it will glide more, some will flip more , its slower through the air, wich allows more control. there are ways to make your buzzz do this but it requires a certain finness for certain buzzz's and they vary in consistancy when you take power off of them.
I played a 2 disc round yesterday, I threw a buzzz and a roc simultaneously, I threw the buzzz first on odd holes, and the roc first on even holes. After 18 holes, the buzzz won by 1 stroke. Is it because the buzzz is superior to the roc, or is it my crappy throwing, and lack of putting skills? I like them both.
Roc is a great disc but I love a Buzz-GT.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968