www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I personally love the buzz, and I have my reasons.... I have thrown the Roc, and it just isn't for me. However, there are a lot of folks out there that have not made up their minds.

Views: 1745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with several of the comments that the Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (that is for you Mike) just feels better in my hand. It isn't at all that I don't like what the Roc has to offer.
Hahaha, thanks Fedora!!
Fedora said:
I agree with several of the comments that the Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (that is for you Mike) just feels better in my hand. It isn't at all that I don't like what the Roc has to offer.
I throw Rocs, and yes, there are 3 in the bag, not only in 3 different stages of "beat", but also 3 different molds. I've used a Buzz(z infinity) and it's a great disc - everyone should have at least 1 of either disc in their bag. I haven't found a need to move away from my Rocs, so I haven't attempted to incorporate a Buzz into my game. Then again, I'm in SoCal - Innova country, so I have to admit an inherently pedestrian bias towards the Roc, but the only real important issue is - I'm confident with the Roc and hence throw it well.

And if I know Toby, he's gonna find this post and start pestering me again about throwing a Buzz ("C'mon Man!")
Geoff said:
I didn't know there was anything that compared to the Roc...:)

I have to second this in the little amount of time I have played.
Take off your Rock blinders boys

"Wildman" Ken said:
Geoff said:
I didn't know there was anything that compared to the Roc...:)

I have to second this in the little amount of time I have played.
And I will admit that I am in Lansing, mi (discraft territory)
the buzzz is a bit faster then a roc. both are great though. i have and use both.

the roc has the lore and history and cultish fandom while the buzz is trying to get that love too...
Both are great discs....I've thrown a lot Roc's for a lot of years and I think some would agree it's the greatest Disc ever conceived....If there was a Hall of Fame for Discs, the Roc would be...hands down, among the first entries.

I was given a Buzz last year from a dude from the north Georgia area and to be perfectly honest...I have gone to the Buzz more then the 10X. The buzz seems slightly longer with more float or glide...feels great in the hand too.

I'm a huge fan of the DX Classic Roc and between those two discs.... I really need no other mid or a putter. I do have others that I use...but if I was stream-lining my bag the CR and the Buzz would stay.
The closet Discraft Disc to the Classic Roc is the Breeze...That's a great disc too!! I put one in Z plastic in my bag just for a short partialy wooded course we got...because I was tired of breaking CR's. If I lost it...I'd try to find another for sure.

So, to sum it up both will always have a place in my bag.
the buzzz has Roc envy :) seriously, I have a couple of Buzzz'z and a Wasp, I prefer the way a Roc feels and flies...choices! Ain't life grand!
I carry 4 rocs. 2 Glo. 1 Super. 1 KC Pro.
I tried to be open minded, but I think my hand subconsiously made me throw the buzz in the woods, and then my feet subconsciously wouldn't let me go look for it.
Everyone knows the proper answer to this question:

#1 Flyer from Lightening
See? You drink that PBR garbage and look what nonsense comes out of your mouth!

Brian said:
Everyone knows the proper answer to this question:

#1 Flyer from Lightening

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968