www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I personally love the buzz, and I have my reasons.... I have thrown the Roc, and it just isn't for me. However, there are a lot of folks out there that have not made up their minds.

Views: 1765

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find Roc's to be more consistent, but this question is unanswerable, you might as well say pepsi or coke?
Have 3 Rocs in the bag and 1 Crystal Buzzz.
Two of the Rocs have scribbled ACE #'s on them (10 Time & A Proto Roc).
The newer Star Ontario Roc does not yet. Neither does the Buzzz.
Only tried the Buzzz, because I received as part of a sponsorship (the DiscPlayer Logo is on it).
I am sure if I had a CE Roc, it would fly more stable than the beat ACE discs.
But nothing flies like the 10 Time in ease of throw.
The Buzzz is more stable, but flies and glides.
All four discs fly differently.

To each their own.
The biggest difference between the Roc/Buzzz/Wasp is you can replace a candy version of the Buzzz/Wasp without taking out a loan or bringing the family heirlooms to the pawn shop.

I was playing with a friend a few winters ago when a huge blizzard started dumping on us. We were halfway through the course when he lost his first run candy Roc in the snow. We looked and looked and looked. After a half hour the snow was piling up and I told him maybe it was time to give up. He was frantic. We looked for another 20 minutes until finally he gave up. He was not a happy boy.

They are all great discs.
i'm still learnin the sport and progogressing but this forum is awesome due to my most common playing partner (my brother) is a roc fanatic and i love to throw a buzz. i find the buzz to do have the feel and throw i like and he swears by his roc.... to each their own...
BUZZZ is how it is spelled, it's very easy to hit the Z key one more time. Sorry, pet peeve. lol.
This is just plain silly. Now I'm gonna start the piranah v.s. rattler thread!
I carry an 11x KC roc for hyzer shots, and an esp Buzzz for anything straight - I use them both.
Swan said:

!$%^&*()#@#$%^&*()(#@#$%^&*()__)(*#@#$%^&*()_

Piranahs!! Nobody throws Piranahs. The Rattler is the best disc ever made.
ok then, Birdie v.s. Rattler

mark ellis said:
Swan said:

!$%^&*()#@#$%^&*()(#@#$%^&*()__)(*#@#$%^&*()_

Piranahs!! Nobody throws Piranahs. The Rattler is the best disc ever made.
this question is just lame and played out. sorry to be so scroogie, but learn how to throw either fu*&ing disc, take your deuce or par and be done with it already. they are both midrangers that take time and patience to master. once said mastering is done, what's the fu*&ing argument?
The answer to this is.... I can buy 10 candy buzzz's of all perfect run easily for approx the cost of 1-2 candy rocs. Those 10 buzzz's will last me a long time and anxiety of an over priced, unavailable, inconsistent buzzz(aka roc).

Dr. Zaius said:
this question is just lame and played out. sorry to be so scroogie, but learn how to throw either fu*&ing disc, take your deuce or par and be done with it already. they are both mid ranger discs that take time and patience to master. once said mastering is done, what's the fu*&ing argument?
They are both great discs. Staples of both companies. I throw Rocs. Granted I started back in 96' on the west coast. No buzzzes back then, out there. My first Discraft was a Cyclone. Loved that disc. Couldn't putt with Aviars, so I putted with an 163 Ontario Roc. As stated, those even became hard to come by. Another good point brought up by the ever knowledgable Mark Ellis, some Rocs are just to hard to come by, for to much money. Thankfully I can do what I want with a DX Rancho in different beaten in 'ness. The recent reproduction of the Ontarios and San Marinos is also a godsend. I don't have to throw 15 year old plastic with the threat of loss on my mind.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968