www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I personally love the buzz, and I have my reasons.... I have thrown the Roc, and it just isn't for me. However, there are a lot of folks out there that have not made up their minds.

Views: 1748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I"m about feel myself and the Buzzz does feel better with my grip. I've thrown a Roc for a long time because all the pros say it is the best disc made. I can say that I do like both and have also heard that they're the same disc relatively speaking. I'm not sure that I can completely agree with that statement, but if i were to pick a near equivalent in each of the disc manufacturers, i'd say they're a crossover of each other.

I've been throwing my Buzz a lot more lately and hit my first ace with it in less than 24hrs of owning it and I feel like I can control it better. Again, discs are about preference and how you throw and how big your hands are. Play with both and see what works for you. Also, what works really well for one person won't necessarily produce the same results for the next person.
Kevin Rocs are much like the mythical bird itself. They're all over the place in terms of productions but a wonder disc in the hand. In terms of stability (over to under) you have Rancho, San Marino, and Ontario. Then you have the plastics Champ (DON'T BOTHER), SM Star, KC (awesome), DX (also awesome), and now RPro... which is a mess. I say don't bother with Champ because specialty discs like that just aren't worth it IMO, that and all the champ rocs are really inconsistent. DX and KC are the standard and the way to go, pretty consistent too Rancho are the way to go. RPro Rocs are actually a Roc+ model being that they have some slanted rim edge that causes a lot of release issues, but that might just be the RPro...

I have a stack of Rocs I use and am trying out Buzz's for the first time. I've learned a bit abou the Roc but am no expert...

On another note I was wondering what people thought about this thought/idea/statement. Rocs have a better ability to reveal the form of the thrower through its flight. Buzz's require the form of its thrower for a flight path.
How about a Lat 64 Fuse.
BOOOO!!! HISSSSS GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT CRAP, THIS USE TO BE A DECENT COUNTRY. BOOOO, YA SICK SONOFA....

but in all seriousness I've been hearing okay things about Lats Mids. Great things about their plastic (its so nice) and good things about their discs (River, Vision, and XXX to be specific).
I like the buzzz because i can get so much control with it, but my 2 C.E. rocs are doin me well. Both disc have a place in my bag.
In Iowa i'm not sure what disc company country were in. But i'm for discraft.
its better for those who have the confidence in them. i like buzzzes, most of my friends throw Rocs, and they all have an ace with a Roc. I have zero aces.
ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC ROC
i think Zilla is saying Roc....?
I thought he was voting for the buzzz.
i've been throwing the same first run z-buzzz since they came out and have bagged 5 aces with it -- it's now my straight flyer/turnover disc. I can make my other (flx) buzz fly on almost any line I want. another advantage for the flx buzz is in the woods where it's softness keeps it near the fairway even when trees are struck.

For my throwing style, the buzzz is definitely better than the roc which starts to flip over (i've tried them all: kc, cuco, ontario, san marino, dx, star) on me when I throw over 80%. I try to throw flat, smoothly, with some snap. I don't try to hyzer flip them, I just release them on the angle I want them to fly. if I want anhyzer, I lean back and release on the desired angle -- hyzer, lean forward, releasing on the desired angle. if you match up your arm speed and snap, the buzzz will fly almost the entire flight on the angle you threw it on.

try both the roc and the buzzz out, one will feel and fly better for you, put that one in your bag.
who knows? the jury may be out on this one...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968