www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I personally love the buzz, and I have my reasons.... I have thrown the Roc, and it just isn't for me. However, there are a lot of folks out there that have not made up their minds.

Views: 1798

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

180 dx glow rocs, what else?
wait people throw other types?
lol, well :P

oh, and they have to be flat, as a dinner plate.
BUZZZ by far. The stable ones are easier to pick out from the flippy ones. Unlike the roc which you need a translator and a senior citizen to identify
purple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not gonna dis the Buzz. I've seen people that can throw them really well. But I throw Rocs. They fly the line I release them on. The have a great feel. They also get some great distance in wooded courses with tight fairwys.
How so? do the stable ones say stable and the flippy ones say flippy on them lol! As for the Rocs. They have three molds and if you know the molds. You know their stablility.
I just ordered a 177 flx buzz and a 180 glow roc.. Been throwing a 170 glow roc up till now.

I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Try the New Roc !!
I'm sorta new to the scene and was hoping to find info about the difference between Roc molds (general flight characteristics, history behind 'em, popularity, rarity etc). Is there a good site for that or would someone mind enlightening me? I saw some discussion about Classic vs Regular Roc's, but I'm mainly interested in todays popular molds (Rancho, San Marino, Ontario etc.). All I found was this on discgolfcenter.com:

Ontario: Less stable then the regular Roc, but preferred by some players for the hyzer line or for throwing anhyzer routes.
San Marino: Less stable then the regular Roc, but more stable than an Ontario Roc.

Size and grip are about the same. Roc seems more stable, Buzz is straighter, but less stable. Both are great, if you like those large diameter discs.
Buzzz is like a flippy roc.
Been very much enjoying that 180 Glow Roc.. Throws such a beautiful reliable hyzer for up to 330ft or so.

The buzz seems to fit in my hand better for a control grip and I seem to get more distance out of it.

I would have to say if I could only play one of them, it would be the Roc, but the Buzz may have a place in my bag.. Haven't decided yet.
I am really liking the Buzzz as a possible windy day putter. FLX plastic seems to stick in the basket pretty well being so floppy. Plus it is nice to have a slightly straighter midrange to throw.

Finally gotten my bag down to like 12 discs which is a triumph and I think it will improve my game a lot as I used to roll with like 20+.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968