www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was looking at this book and wondered if anyone thinks a book will help with technique adn in particular driving distance?
http://9f197f05mryajzb6o4w2vncp45.hop.clickbank.net/

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sure, as much as a book can teach you how to make a bank shot in pool...or a thousand other skills. Which is to say, not as much as a video and much less than an in-person lesson.

Of course, a book which in on topic has a better chance. If we are talking about disc golf, for example. I'm just not sure how well a Big Bertha Driver will propel a golf disc.
a book can give you examples but the only true way - go to an empty field and just throw the disc sooner or later you will get it . practice ,practice practice
look at the Disc golf book by Scott Stokely. it can de downloaded online. it was very helpful for me in many aspects of my game. well worth the 20 US that it costs. DiscGolfBook.com. He also has a set of videos to compliment this book as well!
some people learn ok that way. i get it quicker by watching and doing. i'd say go out and play with someone.
You can take some advice from ball golf and transfer it into your Disc Golf game.
Practice techniques, Mental preparation, Relaxation techniques, Course management, Courtesy and such.
Golf is Golf whether you play with balls, discs, or tiddlywinks.
I skim through golf books here and there to see if there is anything I can steal and use to my advantage.
Most of our knowledge comes from learning each disc we use and applying this to the course.
The best technique for learning is to go to an open field and throw.
Like ball golfers do when they go to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls.
Sure a books a good start, but then it's practice, practice, practice. Youtube has some good video's under Discraft as well.

For Ball Golf , yes. For Disc Golf , here is a good DVD.
I think that "Tracy" is a sham spam post trying to sell a ball golf book.
A book may help your learning curve as you can avoid mistakes the author has made, but you really need to go out a throw to learn anything.
ditto
good catch never even looked at the link the spam bot posted!
Thanks very much I will check this one out

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968