www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In Pittsford VT there is a new Disc Golf Course that was created by cutting down some large trees to clear the fairways.  However, as a result the course has a number of large trunks and stumps on most fairways.  Playing casual rounds we frequently find ourselves with lies tree trunks.  There is one spot where three large trunks (4’ – 5’ in diameter) are laying parallel to the course and twice my disc has landed ¾’s up the middle trunk towards the hole.  If I was to treat the tree trunks as an obstacle and marked my lie 30 centimeters behind the tree trunk I would be about 35’ behind where I landed.

So can downed tree trunks and stumps considered playing surfaces?

Tags: Rules, playing, surface

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I probably never would of thought of playing both and finding out later which score to count.  Of course with my luck my best throw of the round would be one that ends up not counting.  Is the TD allowed to compare the scores prior to allowing or disallowing the questionable shot?  If so I can see where that could cause problems, and bring into question the objectivity of the TD.

You don't have to show the TD the scores before asking their ruling on where to play from. In fact, the way you should do it is to get the ruling from the TD first, then enter the correct score with the agreement of your group before submitting the scorecard with your proper score totaled.
As a TD, I would penalize a card that was turned in with two scores on a hole. Absolutely discuss the hole in question and correct the scorecard BEFORE turning it in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968