www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Some PDGA members have wondered if I could be an effective Board member.  I wonder too, probably even more than they do.  It is now time to face this question head-on, because its answer depends on the results of the upcoming election.

I am a "reform" candidate.  You can look at my platform on the "Ask Board Candidate Peter Shive" thread on the PDGA Discussion Board.  Being effective means being able to accomplish a significant number of the following reforms:

1) The Board would consist entirely of elected members.  No appointed members (see post #37 on that thread).

2) Secrecy would be dispelled.  Members would know what is going on before the fact, and would also know a lot more about how their money is being spent (28, 36).

3) Board members and PDGA officers would disclose potential conflicts of interest (18, 22, 28).

4) Independent vendors would be offered the opportunity to bid for the PDGA online service contract (8).

5) The website would function efficiently (4).

6) Priorities would be revised (52, 56, 58).

Two things are clear.  I cannot be effective unless you agree that these reforms are desirable.  Nor can I be effective if you elect "establishment-type" Board members who support or condone the status quo.  This means that, when you vote, there are two simple considerations that would rule me out as an effective candidate.

1) One ballot item will ask for your approval of the recent Bylaws change that allows the Board to appoint part of its own membership.  If you vote to approve the appointment of Board members, you should not vote for me.

2) If you vote for Feldberg, or Pozzy, or Decker, you should not vote for me.      

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With the way everyone seems to be trash-talking the PDGA, why should I join?  Maybe I will after you get in there and turn things around.
 Yes Peter your reform platform is just what we need , Im a sponsored player with Innova and would love to see the Ideas you speak of come to fruition.  Ill be voting and Ill be letting people know they need to vote...
Anyone who shows ideas and is inspired to change things for what they perceive are better, should run.
Thanks Peter !!! Send me a email of who I should vote for.  donnyotime@yahoo.com
I 2nd that motion. Thanks Peter. cnichols79us@yahoo.com

BOARD OF DIRECTORS CANDIDATES

Tom Cremer
Bob Decker, CPA
John Dorn
Rebecca Duffy
Teresa Trueba Embree
Joe Feidt
David Feldberg
John Heaton
Jack Hicks
Jurky Jurkovich
Jack Lowe
Tom Lowry
Kevin McCoy
Theo Pozzy
Kent Schafer
Peter Shive
Michael Solt
Mike Wierda

I encourage you to vote if your a member. There is one person on the list that would really mess things up. I have seen his lack of knowledge of the rules demonstrated on the course, and his rudeness to newer players cause "I've been playing forever..."  and incorrect score keeping for him, was fixed by certified official who was watching, he hadn't counted a penalty stroke, his reply  i was going to add the  stroke.... BS. I won't say his name here. He wanted to penalize the eventual winner for getting a disc from his car after start... 1 stoke for each hole, the guy didn't throw the disc  that round. We should have checked, but you know the type" Bully" on the course... sorry for the rant but this guy should not be on the board.

Do you have to be current? That Feldberg dude Doss every thing he Ken to Barry disc golf unpopularity. Avery time I see a video he is on it. (started as a typo- went with it- add more if you can)

You have to be current, the candidate I cited is not a pro.

There are no rules stating you can't get a disc from your car after the start? Or from a spectator for that matter? It just has to be identified as yours when you use it.

Who is it, I'm not a fan of bullies?

I have the honor of playing with Peter all the time. Love his lack of fear to change what he thinks is wrong.

hell with the pgda, I want to see these changes in the US government! you'ld get my vote

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968