www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok I know this sounds crazy, but I play about 2-3 tournaments a month. The last two weeks I didn't play a single casual round or even practice putting. I went and played better then I have in months. I really think it has something to do with not practicing, only because before I moved to where I am not in MS, I was unable to play any casual rounds. Back then I played really well and did without any practice. 

Any Ideas on why practice rounds would be hurting my tournament rounds, cause im not getting it at all....

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that is it. You have to find a balance of playing time versus relaxation time. If you play too much you will get burned out. If you play too little you won't be sharp. So find that balance. For me it is playing two competitive rounds per week. And that way I can also show up and try to bring my "A" game each time at league. It doesn't always happen but I am more likely to have an "A" game when I am relaxed and well rested. And lately I am really enjoying the game as well. It is the thrill of getting together with friends and bombing some plastic. What's not to like?
Clarification: I generally don't drive or play for a period of time before a tournament, but I practice putting every day no matter what. Not that you can tell by my actual putting.
I practice driving more than I should....or at least more than I do my short game.  That'll change this year for sure.
Drive for show, putt putt putt for boge!
Just stay warm with your game. Practice is good if you feel inclined to to so. Stretch and try to relax and have Fun !

For me once in a while a little time off is good! I have a really bad back and if I play to often things start to build and I start getting worth! But I well not likely every go pro as I can't practice enough.... so I agree yes and no. It helps me be an Okay player, but if I could practice more it would help me in the long run.

We are all so different in what we can do, and what we can not do. I guess we each have to tell ourself how much time off is good and how much is bad. With that said it's time to step up and do some putt training again! Back to Marks program!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968