www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im a 5'2" chic who plays disc golf with mainly guys. they seem to throw way farther. can i learn to throw that far or is it just the guy muscles

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It has already been said: The average guy will be able to out drive the average girl. Top males will outdrive top females.

Women's distance record: 162 meters - 531 feet
Men's distance record: 250 meters - 820 feet
I started playing in 89 and got involved in a lot of minis at my home course.
one day they had an actual "tournament" and I got to see some of the women that were considered "pro" at the time come thru and play and it was a very humbling experience for a guy like me.

so yes.... women can throw as far as a LOT of guys. just not me anymore!! hehe ( I kid)
To be honest distance isnt as big as you think. In my group of friends I am the shortest driver out there but slow getting more distance. I am normally competitive becuase I can pick a line and stick to it. Also consistently hitting putts inside 20ft help alot. The big drives might look impressive but if you cant keep it accurate and you cant hit your putts. Then they arent all impressive. We also have a 69 year old guy who plays like 4 rounds a day. He averages 250 ft on drives but is the most accurate and consistent player in our area. One every hole there is a spot he throws to and he will be within 50 ft of it.
I agree on the short game is really important. Being 45 yo i have practiced my short game, 150ft (45m) and under,so I can beat kids who easily out throw me.
Ever heard of HGH
Only in zero gravity !!!!!
Well, I am equipped with guy muscles, but being a total newbie my technique sucks eggs. I've never been much of a dancer and with the X step, and all of the other elements that I see make up a good throw.. well, I have a long way to go. There's a video of a wirey little 16 year old kid crushing a disc insanely far (500 plus feet) and I KNOW I have more muscle, however my muscle +newbie technique is only getting me to about 210 feet with my best, yet to be properly controlled drives so far. I hope that's reassuring lol. (I've decided to dedicate lots of time to getting the technique down and then trying to build my distance - basically following Ken Climo's advice online about putting control first and distance second... it's hard being patient though)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968