3. Better exercise
4. Quicker, more convenient play
5. Easier to keep eye on and find flying object
6. Cooler players
7. More stylee
8. No special shoes required
9. No special course required, can play most anywhere
10. Because I can beat Tiger at it!
1, It is less damaging to the environment; 2, it requires less land; 3, There is far less impact on the environment while installing a DG course; 4, DG courses can be placed in more different areas than BG; 5, Maintenance on a DG course is far less expensive than a BG course; 6, Installation cost, an entire DG course can be installed for less than i hole of a BG course; 7, You can play a round of DG in a lot less time than a round of BG; 8, You get more exercise in a round of DG (at least the average player does, I have see DGer's riding in golf carts though); 9, Equipment cost is far less; 10, You can better see a fling disc and get out of its way, as you can better hear "Fore" and when fore is called you have more time to react; 11, The players are more laid back and seem to just be a friendlier bunch; 12, DG is closer to Nature.
actually.....a DG course with concrete pads, signs...etc. ...can be installed for less then an average green.

From what I understand the average Green costs 30K
Do you mean for All 18 holes? Because that sounds a bit out there.
• Disc Golf is friendly to varied levels of play. Beginners and experienced players can enjoy the game equally.

• Disc Golf is Family Friendly – when I played ball-golf, spending ball-golf levels of time and money to bring my kids, kids friends, SO out for something they wouldn’t enjoy anyway was out of the question.
1 green...design and construction
Personally I have one main reason to explain why disc is better than ball golf. It's cool and all to watch a really good golf ball shot, but when you get that perfect snap and release with a disc it's over. Watching that disc take flight perfectly down the fairway is like no other.
Rude's Top Ten List: 1. Cheaper, no way I could afford a ball golf addiction 2. More social, I am the goodwill ambassador at my home course, I'll play with anyone and I meet new people all the time. Ball golfers usually don't take on newcomers. 3. Safety meetings 4. I like the disc golf lingo, I feel like its a new, evolving dialect 5. A lot of cute women out there 6. Bag tag rounds 7. Better exercise, no motorized carts, usually. I've lost 30 lbs. bicycling the 20 mile round trip and playing since late winter 8. I can practice at the park next to my pad, sweet! 9. Good club with plenty of old timers and big arms to mentor the newer players 10. We are hosting the 2010 Pro Worlds. Come on out to disc golf heaven in Indiana! It's hard to get a major in your backyard in ball golf.
How is it "better exercise"???? If a disc course is 6000' you'll walk about 1 1/2-2 miles...depending on basket to tee distances. Walk and carry your clubs on a 7000 yard course and you'll walk about 5 miles.
I don't want to reiterate what has already been posted...but there is one reason that is missing...disc golf is a hell of a lot easier to learn and play than ball golf.

I won't say that this makes disc golf 'better than' ball golf (or any reason for that matter)--but it certainly makes it a bit more enjoyable to play at all levels.

As an avid ball golfer (8 handicap) I cringed when I saw this posting--just waiting for the hate speech towards ball golf to begin--but I'm glad to see a fair amount of civility so far...
ive heard up to $100,000 per green at a championship quality course.
never heard of ball bolf

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968