www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is for English class.

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1) Cheaper (free courses, equipment is cheap compared to clubs and such)
2) Don't have to wear khaki's and a polo every time you play
3) You are more in touch with nature of a disc golf course
4) Typical Round takes an hour or so to play
5) The people!

PASSTHEDISC
PASSTHEDISC
This is so funny!! The only thing better about disc golf is less money. Anyone who says disc golf is harder is obviously a fool. Where has anyone actually played REAL golf? The scenery is usually spectactular. There is much more skill and exercise involved with REAL golf. I've met every walk of people playing REAL golf. I always play by the rules no matter what game I am playing. I've played REAL golf for nearly 30 years and still would be over a 20 handicap. I play disc golf more frequently now because of the cost and just yesterday I shot +1 on a course I was playing for the very first time.

I don't know why I am even making these comments except to point out to the 90% that must never have really tried to play ball golf. I've taken many out for their first time at both forms of golf and believe me those playing disc golf usually can come close to playing a bogey round, this would never happen at ball golf. The courses reqiuring a cart are few and far between. Pubilc golf courses have no dress codes. You lose a golf ball and the replacement costs less than a dollar. Size doesn't matter it's the mechanics of the swing.

Other than the money thing the only other true comment I read is that you can play with the pros at disc golf. Boy that makes my day, I've seen many more elitist snobs on the disc golf course. And one more thing, I'm continually asked to join other groups a ball golf and advice is much more free flowing than at disc golf. You play with a bags full of clubs that all do different things and the way you hit the ball produces numerous different ball flights.
I LOVE THIS POST! THANK YOU MIKE FOR BEING A VOICE OF REASON!
I think shooting under 54 on a SSA 54 course is the best way to classify a world class DG course. I think BG is probably a little harder to be a pro (Tiger Woods level). But thats what makes DG better. You really only have to work maybe 8+ years to be a mediocre pro in DG where as in BG you'd have to play hard for about 9+ years. DG is better because if you play with the right people you get to see someone throw a disc the distance of two football fields. Hitting a golf ball that far is seldom amazing.
If this is for English class then you need to stop making up funny names for golf. I'm not talking about the misspelling in the title. Im talking about "ball" golf. WOW. Its call golf guys!!!!!
If you play ball it could be baseball, football, basketball... so why not call it ball golf and disc golf?
1. I think it's alot easier to break par in disc golf.

2. Hell of alot cheaper than ball golf greens fees.

3. I don't have to wear those funny shoes , which is tough to walk on concrete with.

4. My Drinks are cheaper than the Bar at the Club house.

5. I'm not required to wear a funny kind of hat.

6. I'm a hell of alot faster playing than those 20 swing starters.

7. I don't tear up the fairways with chunks of grass from my disc.

8. I actually know how to drive a Golf Cart Well hammered.

9. I don't have to wake up at 2:00 in the morning to get a Tee Time.

10. My Short game ( inside 100 yards ) is way better than a Ball golfers.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968