www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is for English class.

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's ball bolf?
I seriously doubt the average discer shoots under par.

Now I'm curious of your location. I know alot of casuals saw they shoot under, but I found out that many are playing by thier own rules- making up pars, counting missed putts, foot faults, taking multiple throws....

IMO launching a disc is nothing like casually tossing a frisbiee.
Sure it's easy to go out and have fun, but it's not easy to break 500.
If you ever shoot under 54 on a world class dg course I will concede to your point;)
Ratings for players and courses are more accurate than ball golf course ratings and handicaps.
haha love number 10
You've obviously never seen basketball in the hood;)
1. cost 2.It is a hand to object no club just you 3. loose women 4. the people I met playing disc are more like myself 5. no cart to fart around on so I take game more serioulsy 6. see number (3) 7. more body skill is involved you can't just buy the biggest driver and let it rip you gotta have the form to use it 8. I love it when people say dics golf whats that? for gods sake you know what golf is and you know what a disc is put it together! 9. never got invited to a bitchin bon fire on the ball golf course 10. Ball golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass I have neither
I am typing this up without looking at other responses..... This is right off the top of my head.....
1) No Green fee or reduced green fees
2) No dress code
3) Equipment costs less
4) No expensive course maintenance
5) Throwing a disc directly from your hand feels better than hitting a ball with a club
6) More tournaments are held and less cost to enter
7) Kids pick it up easier than ball golf, for that matter so does everyone else....
8) Offers a great solution for the an alternative use of unused and sometimes abused park space without an environmental impact
9) Less frustrating than ball golf
10) Typically there is no tee times and no long waits on the course.
Chuck,
How do you figure?
1) Cheaper (free courses, equipment is cheap compared to clubs and such)
2) Don't have to wear khaki's and a polo every time you play
3) You are more in touch with nature of a disc golf course
4) Typical Round takes an hour or so to play
5) The people!

PASSTHEDISC
PASSTHEDISC
Because DG ratings for courses and handicaps have been based on real tournament data for 10 years and not artificial calculations that have never been tied to actual scoring for BG course ratings. http://www.pdga.com/faq/ratings/why-is-ssa-dynamic

BG handicaps are based on self reported scores where many people either report only their good rounds if they want a low handicap for bragging rights or only their worst rounds if they want a high handicap for bagging at handicap events. This is not my observation but info directly quoted from the USGA handicap committee that I talked with about their calculations.
HEY! You haven't played the MN Majestic then and played highland hills SKI area. They show footage of the pros using the chairlifts. The AMS don't get the pampering. Up and down and again. That was a good workout.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968