www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is for English class.

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, and if a DGer doesn't want a round to lower his rating, sort of "reverse sandbagging", they just DNF.
You make reverse sandbagging sound like a bad thing. It keeps some players in a higher division than their "true" skill level, contributes rating points to the pool when they do complete a round and their DNF score doesn't impact the ratings calcs for the round they DNF'd.
Purists are a rarity in ball golf. I've never seen anyone play a disc round with a motorized cart. I hear those courses that are set up on bg courses allow carts. So its not impossible, just very rare.
Sweet, I'll see you there. It'll be the first time I've see those guys play without watching a video. I'm on the park payroll, so I'll be getting the courses ready. I start tomorrow.
Yea, dont really have that problem with my local courses...

I feel really bad for you btw. lol
What would be a 'World Class' DG course?

I play most of my rounds in New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, St. Louis, Portland--with more than a few dozen locations in-between. Some long, some tight, some short, some easy, some very difficult. But I'm always hanging around par or under regardless of the course...

bottom line...anyone who has tried to master the game of golf understands just how hard it is to learn and play well consistently...I'm actually surprised some on here are arguing against that point...
i agree with all but number 2. i walk when i play ball golf so i do get more exercise when i play ball golf.
i always walk when i play. had to walk when i was on my old highschool team and i will keep it up.
This is so funny!! The only thing better about disc golf is less money. Anyone who says disc golf is harder is obviously a fool. Where has anyone actually played REAL golf? The scenery is usually spectactular. There is much more skill and exercise involved with REAL golf. I've met every walk of people playing REAL golf. I always play by the rules no matter what game I am playing. I've played REAL golf for nearly 30 years and still would be over a 20 handicap. I play disc golf more frequently now because of the cost and just yesterday I shot +1 on a course I was playing for the very first time.

I don't know why I am even making these comments except to point out to the 90% that must never have really tried to play ball golf. I've taken many out for their first time at both forms of golf and believe me those playing disc golf usually can come close to playing a bogey round, this would never happen at ball golf. The courses reqiuring a cart are few and far between. Pubilc golf courses have no dress codes. You lose a golf ball and the replacement costs less than a dollar. Size doesn't matter it's the mechanics of the swing.

Other than the money thing the only other true comment I read is that you can play with the pros at disc golf. Boy that makes my day, I've seen many more elitist snobs on the disc golf course. And one more thing, I'm continually asked to join other groups a ball golf and advice is much more free flowing than at disc golf. You play with a bags full of clubs that all do different things and the way you hit the ball produces numerous different ball flights.
I LOVE THIS POST! THANK YOU MIKE FOR BEING A VOICE OF REASON!
HOLY
Thanks Chuck :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968