www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is for English class.

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

6. You can play year round, even in the frozen North!
7. The average round takes only half as long to play, easier to fit more rounds per week into a busy life.
8. Easier to learn, skills develop more quickly.
9. It is easier and less expensive to make your own putting practice green in your own back yard, or even in a large basement.
10. Course layout is easier to change, and much faster than a ball golf course.
In the interest of time and due to over-crowding more and more ball golf courses are discouraging or outright forbidding golfers to walk. Using a cart saves time and time is money. Thus, disc golf is really better exercise.
Baseball,Hockey,Cricket. And because most courses are not up to par on the length of a ball golf course. As well as most people dont follow disc golf rule for rule like in ball golf. I guess i havent gotten a chance to play with better players yet but most people Ive seen play Do not follow fairway rules.
Amen, Rudy! I'll be there for Worlds, wife's not overly happy about it. But how often do you get to rub elbows with the best in the world?
If using a cart while playing golf--yes indeed, disc golf is better exercise.

but that logic doesn't click with purists (and former caddys) like myself who won't use golf carts...or play courses that discourage or forbid walking...
1 simple concept applies for me.Even the guys you see in magazines and video will ask you to join in and play a round with you. Beyond that, They make mistakes, Hit Trees, Fall off Tee pads and throw a disc that you spend 20 minutes looking for. DARE I say. They act like humans. Get the top money makers in BG and see if they will let you jump into the middle of a round.
I honestly think Disc Golf is more Comparable to Bowling.
If you ever--in your entire life--shoot par or under in ball golf I will concede to your point.
Lets face it ball golf and disc golf are not sports, there games of skill. I've played both and ball golf is waaaaay tougher to master/play than disc golf. If you can sit, smoke (cigaretts or whatever), drink ( beer and what not), and eat while you are playing. It's not a sport!
here here...
Stay more intouch with nature. The Scenery is one of best things about DG. Ball golf courses can be really nice too but DG courses are more natural. Plus when walking through through the course instead of driving a cart one can take time to appreciate it more.
LOL, good points. Also, if you can play for 3-5 hours and not get winded once, then its not a sport. However, with that being said, I would perfer a game of skill over a sport any day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968