www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is for English class.

Views: 317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1 Real Big Reason: Most ball golf courses are filled with a bunch of big ego jerks.
2. Dress codes at private clubs.
3. Tee times have to be made.
4. Did I mention the jerks?
5. The jerks.
6. No carry on beverages.
7. and of course the big ego jerks who are certain that you do not belong on there course and think that you have no business even playing there sport.
let the hating begin...
I have never played ball golf without a cart to drive me around the course, so no walking exercise while playing ball golf. It takes long enough to play and drive, I couldn't imagine how long I would be on ball golf course if I had to walk.
There are some golfers, like myself, who prefer to walk.

When I walk a round, I can get around 18 holes and nearly 5 miles in 3.5 hours if the course isn't crowded (if it is, I go play disc golf)--thats a shorter amount of time than my local disc golf league can get in 18 holes!
Alot cheaper Greens Fees !!!
Hand size disc's vs. Bag full of yard sticks.
Bright Multiple colored Disc's Vs. Losable White disappearing Moth balls.
Costs less Money.
In my opinion much more Ability is needed in Disc Golf.
Also Easier To teach.
I'm not really a hater. I used to play a lot of ball golf and just gave it up because of all the hassle. I have now found disc golf and love it! The more I play the more I want to play. I'm 47 years old and don't have much more than disc golf in common with many of the players but get along great with them. Most are half my age. I just love the sport and the laid back atmosphere. Many give me advise on how to improve my game and ask me to join there group. This NEVER happens in ball golf. As I said I'm not a hater, just a lover. A lover of disc golf. If more people my age new about this sport the courses would be packed.
Who cares, you only need one reason. It's not ball golf.
You can play with the top players! Try that with ball golf.
"In my opinion much more Ability is needed in Disc Golf."

you have got to be kidding me...
Lol Ive played ball golf for bout 4 years before I decided it was WAY to boring. Its hard to Grip at First but once you have form which you only really need one for every type of shot The game Becomes Repetative. Im no Pro because I lack the ability to Get distance in ball golf. But it is an easy game. Disc golf has so many different types of disc's in so many different categories Made by many different companys With A Multitude Of Plastics and they all fly differently. Control of one disc to all things is possible but with the use of Multiple Different Forms and Grips. Course i am prolly just talking out of my Elbow.
if ball golf its so easy, why do less than 5% of the golfing population shoot under par on a given day?

if disc golf is so difficult, why do the majority of players shoot under par on a given day?

The ease and familiarity of throwing a frisbee is what makes the game so attractive...there is nothing natural or easy about the golf swing...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968