6. You can play year round, even in the frozen North!
7. The average round takes only half as long to play, easier to fit more rounds per week into a busy life.
8. Easier to learn, skills develop more quickly.
9. It is easier and less expensive to make your own putting practice green in your own back yard, or even in a large basement.
10. Course layout is easier to change, and much faster than a ball golf course.
In the interest of time and due to over-crowding more and more ball golf courses are discouraging or outright forbidding golfers to walk. Using a cart saves time and time is money. Thus, disc golf is really better exercise.
Baseball,Hockey,Cricket. And because most courses are not up to par on the length of a ball golf course. As well as most people dont follow disc golf rule for rule like in ball golf. I guess i havent gotten a chance to play with better players yet but most people Ive seen play Do not follow fairway rules.
1 simple concept applies for me.Even the guys you see in magazines and video will ask you to join in and play a round with you. Beyond that, They make mistakes, Hit Trees, Fall off Tee pads and throw a disc that you spend 20 minutes looking for. DARE I say. They act like humans. Get the top money makers in BG and see if they will let you jump into the middle of a round.
Lets face it ball golf and disc golf are not sports, there games of skill. I've played both and ball golf is waaaaay tougher to master/play than disc golf. If you can sit, smoke (cigaretts or whatever), drink ( beer and what not), and eat while you are playing. It's not a sport!
Stay more intouch with nature. The Scenery is one of best things about DG. Ball golf courses can be really nice too but DG courses are more natural. Plus when walking through through the course instead of driving a cart one can take time to appreciate it more.