www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Can You Imagine Playing 1,000 Different Disc Golf Courses? On 11/18/08, PDGA #s 1602 and 16000 Will Do Just That!

On November 18, at the International Disc Golf Center, Greg Hosfeld (PDGA #1602 - OMG, look at Ben's #, how strange, eh?) and Ben Calhoun (PDGA #16000) will play the brand new (3rd) course at PDGA headquarters at the International Disc Golf Center (IDGC) near Augusta, GA, and that will, for each of them, be the 1,000th disc golf course they have experienced.

I just made my flight reservation so I can be there to experience this piece of disc golf history.

As you know, Ben has been chronicling his current road trip to get to 1,000 by blogging here on DGRUS. Greg has been chronicling the last 70-80 courses of his decades-long disc golf career on his own special website (You have to read it, The Miniac is one very funny guy!). Now they're getting together to reach 1,000 together.

Here they are in Florida in mid-October (photo by Guy Herndon):

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1000 courses is insane, but i love reading about it... not sure what Im going to read after its over :))

Classy move to play #1000 together ... a historic DG moment!
Congratulations guys! It's people like you that make disc golf such an amazing sport and adventure all in one. |>]-< peace
goody goody gum drops

Hey Hoz,

Good seeing you at worlds... I got my autographed tour disc from ya! Hickory Hills was #900

Now I got a goal to shoot for!

Yours in the way of the disc,

t:O)>dd
Sweet !!!! Tell Greg , Donny Olow from San Diego says HI !!!!!
1,000 courses.......WOW way to go guys I am still in double digits.....I got a ways to go!
Love the picture!! That's my Ben's Car entry!!!
That's is a truly awesome way to reach 1000.
How fun! I'm Happy to have been able to help you out on this magic journy to 1000 courses, and I'm stoked that you both will be reaching that milestone together. I wish that I had the time and money to go watch that historic moment, but unfortunatly I have to work. Hopefully someone will take some pics and vids and post them up here.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001
P.S.
What #'s were the courses up here in Humboldt?
First thanks again for the couch to crash on and for showing me around.
I'll have to go back and calculate that.

humchris said:
How fun! I'm Happy to have been able to help you out on this magic journy to 1000 courses, and I'm stoked that you both will be reaching that milestone together. I wish that I had the time and money to go watch that historic moment, but unfortunatly I have to work. Hopefully someone will take some pics and vids and post them up here.

Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001
P.S.
What #'s were the courses up here in Humboldt?
Ben, are both of you going to have simultaneous putts on 18?? ;)
it's not who finishes the round first
can time it
skinner said:
Ben, are both of you going to have simultaneous putts on 18?? ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968