www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Can You Imagine Playing 1,000 Different Disc Golf Courses? On 11/18/08, PDGA #s 1602 and 16000 Will Do Just That!

On November 18, at the International Disc Golf Center, Greg Hosfeld (PDGA #1602 - OMG, look at Ben's #, how strange, eh?) and Ben Calhoun (PDGA #16000) will play the brand new (3rd) course at PDGA headquarters at the International Disc Golf Center (IDGC) near Augusta, GA, and that will, for each of them, be the 1,000th disc golf course they have experienced.

I just made my flight reservation so I can be there to experience this piece of disc golf history.

As you know, Ben has been chronicling his current road trip to get to 1,000 by blogging here on DGRUS. Greg has been chronicling the last 70-80 courses of his decades-long disc golf career on his own special website (You have to read it, The Miniac is one very funny guy!). Now they're getting together to reach 1,000 together.

Here they are in Florida in mid-October (photo by Guy Herndon):

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats again guys!!!! a great moment in disc golf history. Shoot well and have fun!!!!!!!
How many hours until you guys tee off?
I know it's a work day for many of you. But I encourage everyone to play a new course on this special day if they can and join in the celebration of exploring and learning new courses. I'm playing my 500th and 501st courses today in honor of their 1000th (and I'll throw a "Millennium" disc at least once for sure ;-) Anyone else rolling their personal course "odometer" and reaching a significant number today like 25, 50, 100, 200, or more courses?
No!
Chuck - you get back behind the keyboard!
lol-Have a fun round.
Has the round started yet, scores!
C'monnnnnnn, I have to goto work.
Great work Ben, it seems like the 'right' guys are setting this milestone the 'right' way, and thanks again for bringing us all along with you!!
Can you tell how many courses this person has played based on the clue in his arm? ;-)

For those who were worried, I'm now safely back behind the keyboard. The courses today were Pioneer Grill near Menomonie, WI designed by Jason Hendrickson and Hoffman Park In River Falls. Played both 9 hole courses with Super Class discs (Zephyrs) to increase the challenge.
Congrats to Chuck too :)
Yay, Chuck! The folks at the IDGC say "hi."

Ben's at 1,001 now, after the round at the IDGC we went to play 18 at Patriot's Park, about 15 minutes away.
Congrats all. Wish I could have been there. I'm sure I'll play it at the next Summit visit.
Thanks for designing the Ed course and nice job on getting to 500! Join the very limited 500 club, of which I've talked to 4 members now today! (The cameraman, Johnny B is a member too)

Chuck Kennedy said:
Congrats all. Wish I could have been there. I'm sure I'll play it at the next Summit visit.
How many 500 club members do you think there are? 20-25 maybe?
Oh I'd say no more than that. Interesting to see though. Johnny B is, Dan Kilgore from Ohio is.

Chuck Kennedy said:
How many 500 club members do you think there are? 20-25 maybe?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968