www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Can You Imagine Playing 1,000 Different Disc Golf Courses? On 11/18/08, PDGA #s 1602 and 16000 Will Do Just That!

On November 18, at the International Disc Golf Center, Greg Hosfeld (PDGA #1602 - OMG, look at Ben's #, how strange, eh?) and Ben Calhoun (PDGA #16000) will play the brand new (3rd) course at PDGA headquarters at the International Disc Golf Center (IDGC) near Augusta, GA, and that will, for each of them, be the 1,000th disc golf course they have experienced.

I just made my flight reservation so I can be there to experience this piece of disc golf history.

As you know, Ben has been chronicling his current road trip to get to 1,000 by blogging here on DGRUS. Greg has been chronicling the last 70-80 courses of his decades-long disc golf career on his own special website (You have to read it, The Miniac is one very funny guy!). Now they're getting together to reach 1,000 together.

Here they are in Florida in mid-October (photo by Guy Herndon):

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Man, I thought I was well-seasoned at 80 courses - these guys must have some stories to tell! Matter of fact, I played with Greg at Turkey Lake in Orlando, for a series of holes - thanks for the hospitality. I didn't know this guy was a legend at the time........

T.W. #36869
i've got a long way to go with just 38 courses under my belt
I hope all of us discers can witness the event at a later date on one of the DG channels sometime in the near future. It would be a twosome to watch play. I see (of course) you are a proud father as well.
Congats to Ben and Greg each playing 1000 courses in there own individual time spans. Way to go guys!!
K.
NOV. 18!! What a great day for Hos and Ben and Disc Golf!!!

Congrats to both of you!!!!!!!!!!!

Chain Lenks

I found Ben at Reed Canal Park, Daytona Beach
Attachments:
What a "Grand" experience for both of you! Or is that two "grand" experiences? I wonder if you have compared notes to see how many of the same courses you have each played. Who has thrown the most shots? Played the most holes? This is fun. I hope you guys have a great round. I look forward to hearing about it.

Peace
What a great place to set the milestone. If Ben or Hoz get to West Michigan they are always welcome to play BlueGill disc golf course.
Congrats to both of you guys!!! What a fantasic way to cap off a tremendous tour of Disc Golf courses.

Road Trip? ....anybody?
Amazing achievement! I'm envious!!
whose thrown more shots..world champion? o pdga rating 962? hmm..
WOW, truly an awesome feat! Way to go Ben & Miniac. By the way, has Ben made it out to Cali yet & who's buying the beer? Dendog ;>}
Some one say Beer !!!!
Donny, you old dog. Disc golf & beer... it just doesn't get any better than that!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968