www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Can You Imagine Playing 1,000 Different Disc Golf Courses? On 11/18/08, PDGA #s 1602 and 16000 Will Do Just That!

On November 18, at the International Disc Golf Center, Greg Hosfeld (PDGA #1602 - OMG, look at Ben's #, how strange, eh?) and Ben Calhoun (PDGA #16000) will play the brand new (3rd) course at PDGA headquarters at the International Disc Golf Center (IDGC) near Augusta, GA, and that will, for each of them, be the 1,000th disc golf course they have experienced.

I just made my flight reservation so I can be there to experience this piece of disc golf history.

As you know, Ben has been chronicling his current road trip to get to 1,000 by blogging here on DGRUS. Greg has been chronicling the last 70-80 courses of his decades-long disc golf career on his own special website (You have to read it, The Miniac is one very funny guy!). Now they're getting together to reach 1,000 together.

Here they are in Florida in mid-October (photo by Guy Herndon):

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Dennis , try Stella Artois !!!!! Good Stuff !!!!
Donny, I've sampled sooooo many already but I'm always looking for new ones to try! I do agree Stella is mighty fine. Have you had a Blue Star? If not go to BevMo & get ya one, I think you will find it quite tasty. Speakin' of beer have you been up to Stone brewery? If not, treat yourself & while you're there take the tour. You get FREE beer at the end of the tour!
I've played most of the courses in California between this year and 2006. Lake Tahoe is the place to go in Cali.
Good luck naming your favorite from each state!!......
I'm with you Donny on the Stella Artois. Indeed it is awesome.
What are the Vegas odds on this match up????
Vegas Odds: Hos beats me by 10+ strokes, 90% chance.
Well Ben wish ya all the best and may all your putts be for birdie!

To bad you guys cant get ahold of what they used at the USDGC to track the round.

It would be fun to follow.
I like the odds... I'll take Ben and the 10 strokes...

Ben Calhoun said:
Vegas Odds: Hos beats me by 10+ strokes, 90% chance.
thats cool and a piece of history like Terry said. Love this sport!!!!!!!!!!
Sheila and I are working up a way to do "live scoring" of this round :)

Bryce aka Hardcore Hyzer said:
Well Ben wish ya all the best and may all your putts be for birdie!

To bad you guys cant get ahold of what they used at the USDGC to track the round.

It would be fun to follow.
Why does it have to be competitive? I have been playing casual all year on purpose. I am not treating this round any different, probably won't even play by 100% pdga rules with minis and all! Greg won't have to try to beat me, world champion and all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968