www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Can You Imagine Playing 1,000 Different Disc Golf Courses? On 11/18/08, PDGA #s 1602 and 16000 Will Do Just That!

On November 18, at the International Disc Golf Center, Greg Hosfeld (PDGA #1602 - OMG, look at Ben's #, how strange, eh?) and Ben Calhoun (PDGA #16000) will play the brand new (3rd) course at PDGA headquarters at the International Disc Golf Center (IDGC) near Augusta, GA, and that will, for each of them, be the 1,000th disc golf course they have experienced.

I just made my flight reservation so I can be there to experience this piece of disc golf history.

As you know, Ben has been chronicling his current road trip to get to 1,000 by blogging here on DGRUS. Greg has been chronicling the last 70-80 courses of his decades-long disc golf career on his own special website (You have to read it, The Miniac is one very funny guy!). Now they're getting together to reach 1,000 together.

Here they are in Florida in mid-October (photo by Guy Herndon):

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, I don't think it has to be competitive, Ben, but people will be interested in following it in some way. What Sheila and I will do, probably, is just get on the phone with her and have her type comments into a thread, maybe into live chat. Have you checked whether our wireless cards might work on the course itself? That would be kul.

Ben Calhoun said:
Why does it have to be competitive? I have been playing casual all year on purpose. I am not treating this round any different, probably won't even play by 100% pdga rules with minis and all! Greg won't have to try to beat me, world champion and all.
Congrats Ben! Hope you and Greg have a fun 1000th round together, maybe even some good weather ehhh.
hey now,may you both hit chain numerous times.Congrats on accomplishing 1,000 DG courses.Peace
I have been playing for 7 years and have only played 47 courses. Thanks for the motivation. I'm going to plan a fat road trip now.
Congrats guys, what an amazing feat. Now after the round, you two have to make a list of the 50 best disc golf courses in the US, so i know which states to visit when im there.

Maybe write a book, update it every 5 years?
Ben, I rented a car.
haha, terry said "Kul" :)

Grats on the 1000 guys .
Now, once the both of you get to 1,000, the next step is to figure out how many of those courses were played in a tournament (one round minis count), and how many were played just to add a number to the total. I imagine Gregg would hold a pretty large lead there, but you never know!
Congrats!!

Miss living in FL.
T2 is still one of my most favorite courses/experience.

I know you wont be stopping at 1000 so,
Keep on adding them up fellas!
Please say that someone is going to record the record breaking 1000 round match at the new IDGC course. I'm sure a lot of people would like to see it. Congrats again on all the work you guys put in to reaching 1000 courses... That's just insane. I'm serious about the " WORLD " tour.. Time to do it boys... time to do it.
Yup I think so, possibly video minimal many photos and a radio interview. Im heading out there now..peace!

Mike Inscho said:
Please say that someone is going to record the record breaking 1000 round match at the new IDGC course. I'm sure a lot of people would like to see it. Congrats again on all the work you guys put in to reaching 1000 courses... That's just insane. I'm serious about the " WORLD " tour.. Time to do it boys... time to do it.
Have fun guys...shoot it up!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968