www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A couple of friends and I are going to plan a trip from Spokane up into Canada. It's going to be in the Summer of '09 around August I'm thinkin'. Probably going to be a week to maybe a little more and it's going to center around Alberta and maybe lower BC if there's time. I'm open to any suggestions for courses I should hit and/or avoid so I don't go out of my way to a course not worth the time.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pender Island, off of Vancouver Island. And I think there are other courses in the area now. I haven't been there for 7-8 years.
Make sure no one in your group has had any law trouble.I was with some guy's going to Canada,one guy had some trouble 10 yrs. earlier and they wouldn't let him in.
just go play in worlds '09 instead!
If you go to www.DISC GOLF CANADA.ca they have a listing of Provincial clubs and organizations. These could help plan your trip some.
Park 96 in Calgary is not too bad. And there is Canmore as well. Canmore is worth they trip!!
Park 96 is my home course and it's great but it's a private course and there's been a few problems with non members this year and we are not allowed to bring guests anymore. If you play with someone from the community there aren't any problems though.

Canmore is worth a trip for sure. Rundle Park in Edmonton just had some upgrades and apparently it's pretty nice. Also in Alberta and worth a look are courses in Wetaskiwin and Lethbridge. There's a course in Fernie that's supposed to be nice, but I haven't played it myself. If you want to venture into bc a bit more there are a lot of nice courses there. Kamloops has a few, there's a nice in Vernon and of course on the coast there are many worth playing.
Can't offer any course advise, but the last time I went (2006) I needed a passport! I guess it's the post 9/11 world? Also if you tend to partake in the 420 stuff. DO NOT bring any with you. You could be in big trouble if you get caught crossing the border with that stuff.
Good luck, Iv'e always wanted to go to Canadia and say....Uh jeeez!
Cranbook in SE BC has a good course at the College I hear, Kamloops has 2 big long and rangey courses, Langley in Vanc. is good, Bowen park in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island is super, Qualicum Bay excellent, Fir Meadows in Courtenay tonal and long and Campbell River has a great course. Whistler has a good course too. Just google BC disc golf and they have a good course directory or use the PDGA site. Do ur research before leaving home, map it on a map navigator if u have one makes finding the courses way easier. Plug it into ur car lighter and it will take u right there. If there is no real address just look on the google map on the pdga site and find closest cross streets and map those. Print out pdga directions to course and use both ....... should get u there. We did it doing wash, ore. and calif last year and dis 16 courses in 10 days.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968