www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been trying to get my girlfriend to throw straight and consistent.  She has problems grip locking and throwing the disc 90 degrees left, she has even thrown it behind herself.  I bought a couple of rattlers thinking that would help, but she has issues with that disc sometimes as well.

What is your opinion on using catch discs to help with form, technique, and the smooth fluidity of throw and how well do you think it'll transfer to throwing discs?  I've pretty much killed her bag of any drivers and all she has now is Rocs, Buzzzs, Comets, FLX Challengers, and Glides...and of course putters.

I was hoping to get some catch discs even if it doesn’t seem to help her.  I’ve seen sooooo many on the market and have no idea what to get, what are you favorite(s) and the most popular.  Also, any tips or differences with ultimate discs?

Tags: Catch, discs, ultimate

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya, when I first started. I must of practiced every day for about three months straight. Then I played in a weekly doubles match. I still sucked, so I went and practiced for another month or two. I don't think I even played a round during that time. Practice does pay off, but you have to like it enough to do so. I'll be rooting for you, because I tried to get my girlfriend to try it out, but her Irish/Italian temper won out instead!lol!! Hmmmm...maybe it was a good thing ;)
I don't know about the let down, I'm up for a game of catch with a disc almost anytime (the job causes problems every now and then) I just don't use them on the course, they aren't as well designed for tree strikes, and I have this habit of hitting trees.

As for the tourney, I think I will be there. About 70% right now.
Even newer approved discs list - all still on there:
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGA_approved_discs_40410.pdf
we use R-pro avaiars for morning catch (warm up before rounds) they are soft and will help her with her throws as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968