www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey guys

Is the flight plate a little stiffer on a CE than a Champion as your thumb squeezes it for the throw?

How do you guys who like forehand a lot feel about the CE in contrast to the Champion mold and Star?

BTW, I'm looking to buy one if anyone is selling one.

Thanks

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Firebird is my primary forehand disc and I own all three plastics. The one that seems to perform the best is my max weight Star Firebird. My CE performs a lot like my Star, but I rarely throw it since it's quite nice and it would be a shame if anything ever happened to it. The Champ is the stiffest of the three in my opinion.
I thought THE C in CE stood for Champion Edition, hence the same disc
CE is a different plastic polymer than today's champion plastic.
Is it true that there are eBay Bidding bots that bid faster than a gunslinger at noon?
Yes, Proxy bidding. Read about it on Ebay.
If you want something, bid high and let the robots take care of the rest...
Oh, ok, that's what I was wondering. The champion is the stiffest?
I thought the CE would be (I've never thrown one) because of it's "durable" reputation that it had the stiffest flight plate.
It really depends on the run of CE platic. Seem like the 1st runs are prety plyable. It's kind of like a Champ/Star cross imo. the 2nd and 3rd runs seem to be the most rigid and the most overstable. 4th and on began to morph. into to the Champ plastic we know today, but more opaque. I have a 1st run Firebied that I bought used. After 3yrs of use. It's finally broken in the way I like it. It's nice to have nice new plastic, but if you can find a slightly used one. It will save you time and money.
Now I have no connection with these sellers, but I trust them, after purchasing several used CE discs. They are: frisbeerancher and discgolfcollectorioum or some thing like that.
Thnx
Not sure if you have done the ebay thing. When I'm CE shopping on ebay. I type in "ce firebird disc golf", "1st run disc golf, and "first run disc golf". These three entries tend to cover all the bases. Finally, Make sure you know what the different runs of CE plastic look like. Some people will tell you that it's a "1st run CE firebird" and it turns out, it's not. Some runs look alike. So do your research.
Finally, If I just wasted your time, because you already know this stuff. Ooooops :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968