www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the difference between the different CE discs that are on the market. Clearwater disc golf store has CE Valks same color and stamp one for $350 and the other for $90???? Whats up with that.

Views: 573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Overrated!!!

1st run, 2nd run.

Well it would depend on the run. I think they went up to a 5th run, but the 5th runs and maybe the 4th (not sure on the 4th) were pretty close to the type of plastic you see in todays Champ discs. I tend to stick with just the 1st through 3rd runs. You can tell those buy how opaque they are. You pretty much are unable to see through them. You can spot the 3rd runs due to all the cool colors (violet, orange, "safety" yellow etc..). I always thought 1st runs were just red with a few diff. hot stamp color (black, white, yellow, and rainbow), but I was told that they made other 1st run colors other than red?

2nd runs...hard to say? I only have 4 (or so I think lol). All I can say about theses runs, is that they are the "flat top" runs. Not a domey disc to be found in this run, at least for me. Can't say I like them, because they are very overstable.

You should check out ebay. The prices are better if you know what you're looking for, but be patient and don't over pay.

I will not pay over $125 for a 1st run and the price goes down as the runs do.

P.S. I would have to say....they are not over rated, but I love the plastic and it will last forever or until you loose it :)

So you're saying that the older " CE " plastic is more durable that today's CE plastic ?

No comparison whatsoever. I have a 2nd run CE Valk that's been thrown over 1000 times, rolled on concrete and is STILL hss ans lsos. It'll be in my bag until it is stolen. Just like Craftsman hand tools. This mixture of plastic was an accident and will never be repeated.

Well, there really is no "todays CE plastic". CE (Champion Edition) plastic was stopped around 2002ish, give or take a year. Today it's just "Champion" plastic and like xains421 said. The 1st three runs were made of this alien plastic (area 51 or so I was told lol!) that just keeps on going. I have a used 1st run Valk that is going on 5 years and it is still in great shape.

It's like having the best of both worlds.....Star plastic feel with uber Champ plastic durability. If you can find one made in the 1st three runs at a decent price. It's worth trying out.

Peace!

whyyyyy did it have to be an accident! I have 2nd and 3rd run valks I will never give up.

The plastic is a mixture of the closeouts of three different companies going out of business.

Plus even if it could be repeated, they prolly wouldn't because it lasts too long.

funny how life works!
Your just going to have to buy Lat 64.....Their Gold Line is pretty bullet proof, well close :) Plus it's beautiful! My Vision is going on 1yr+ and it's just starting to scuff up.

CE discs?? No way are these discs overrated. How many have you thrown??

thanks for the info, my CE valk is def a 2nd or 3rd run then and all I can say is that it is the best valk i have ever thrown.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968