www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recently picked up a CE Valkyrie and my question is how do I know or find out what run it is ? The disc is the gummy translucent CE plastic . Any info would be greatly appreciated . I also have  CE Firebird that I am unsure of the run of , are there any tricks of the trade to determin runs ?

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's tuff with CE, because they never really put or said what runs they are. Since I'm a CE junkie, these are some things I've picked up while shopping for some CE plastic.

-1st run CE as I know it are all red and very opaque. So much so, you can't see through them. The hot stamps that I've seen are either black, white, or a mustard yellow.

-2nd runs. I don't know to much about. Color wise I've only seen them in red, but this was the run of the "flat tops" and very sharp flanges. The only two I have that I know of (Valks) have a olive green hot stamp. Also the red is a little more darker than the 1st runs. Not sure if there were other colors or not?

-3rd and maybe 4th runs. This is were they went color crazy! Well, 3rd run for sure! All the crazy colors with the opaque plastic started around this run. I have Violet, black, butter scotch..etc...The big thing to look at is, once again. The opaqueness of the plastic. You should not be able to see through them at all, like you can today. 3rd runs were pretty much like the first two runs, in regards to the type of plastic. I think it was the 4th run when they started to run out of this plastic that was taken from an alien crash site or so the rumor goes ;)

Now there were some "tweener" runs, maybe 4th, but not sure and maybe 5th? These started too feel more like todays Champ plastic, but were still not as clear/see through as todays.

It was the last runs of CE discs that look like todays Champ plastic. I always stayed away from these unless the price was right, because too me. It was just Champ plastic with a expensive hot stamp (Champion Edition aka CE).

This is just some of the info I've picked up. I wish I could help you out more, but it's a start!

Peace!

It's that Champion Florescent greenish/yellow with a Red hot stamp.  A little domey as well. Thanks

Cool, if it's so opaque (Like Lat 64 GL plastic) that you can't see through it. then I'd say 3rd run. If it's clear, one of the last runs.

It's a Valkyrie!!!!  Who cares!?!??!?!?!?

He does!!!!!
Innova actually did run out of this plastic. I refused to believe this for several years until a plastic extruder told me what happened. Innova bought plastic from three companies that were all going out of business. They mixed it all up in a bucket and wound up with CE. When they ran out, that's all there was and no way to replicate it. Sad.

First Run was Dark Red

Second Run was Yellow

Third Run was a Taffy Pro like plastic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968