www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does anyone know where I can find information on CE Valkyries? I just won one off of ebay and the seller didn't know what run it was he just said Early Run. It is white with a very flat top and it was either a CFR or players pack disc from the 2001 BG Open. Thanks in advance for any information.

Patrick

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out this link. From what it says if it has a 2001 Open stamp it looks like it would be a First Run, and it says they were produced in white.
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=...
2001 BG Open stamp Valkyries are SECOND-RUN. They are noted for their flat-tops and relative over-stability when compared to first and later runs. They were produced in at least white, red, and blue as I collected each of those colors (two blue) when I played the 2001 BG Open.

First run CE Valkyries were only run in red and blue, and the blue were only available with custom stamps (mine says Zonedriven, I understand there were others). They came out in September/October 2000 (that's when I bought my first two red stock stamps), so the link Mike provided is a tad bit incorrect.
Marked Vk under the disc.The prototypes came out in autumn of 2000. Available in blue and red with silver big star-stamp, blue are rare. 1st run came out in the 2001 with a high dome and really understable. Most common in red, a couple of hundred in blue and the some very limited colors, white, grey and purple. 2nd run was had a very flat dome almost concave, a bit overstable. There are five different runs made, the 4th and 5th run are made in regular Champion plastic.
Sounds like you had the prototypes

JC said:
2001 BG Open stamp Valkyries are SECOND-RUN. They are noted for their flat-tops and relative over-stability when compared to first and later runs. They were produced in at least white, red, and blue as I collected each of those colors (two blue) when I played the 2001 BG Open.

First run CE Valkyries were only run in red and blue, and the blue were only available with custom stamps (mine says Zonedriven, I understand there were others). They came out in September/October 2000 (that's when I bought my first two red stock stamps), so the link Mike provided is a tad bit incorrect.
Second Run. First Run were a Stiff Red Candy with a Star Stamp.
As I said, the link you provided isn't entirely accurate. I know what I have/had, and I never owned a prototype. A prototype would not have had the stock stamp on it. The discs I bought in November 2000 had the stock stamp. Two red Firebirds and two red Valkyries.

Mike said:
Sounds like you had the prototypes
JC said:

thanks so much for the info. i appreciate it. Im glad i know what I have now. I had a feeling it was probably a second run.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968