www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the big deal about cfr plastic? I found a cfr wraith that i havent thrown yet. Why do people like this plastic so much??

Views: 447

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me. It's not the plastic. It's the fact that they are small runs. So the quality is a bit better. Also I bought 6 CFR Destroyers and they ALL had the same flight patterns. Same seems to be true with the SE stuff. Just mention that you have a "Tulsa Orc" for sale and see how many people will be knocking down your door.
i have a Tulsa Orc for sale
i do think the blend of plastic holds up better with all the trees up here in the north woods.
There is nothing too special about the plastic. Its just champion. Innova only provides those molds for fund raisers. That wraith you found might be a glow champ or it was made before innova produced them in champion plastic for the public to buy in stores. The big deal is that innova does not provide those molds in champion plastic, unless it is for a fund raiser/ charity event.

These are the molds that innova is currently offering for CFR events: They may not be the greatest molds, but you wont find them anywhere else.

Archangel [CH]
Aviar [Glow CH]
Banshee [Glow CH]
Birdie [CH]
Classic Cobra [ST]
Classic Roc [ST]
Coyote [Glow CH]
Destroyer [Glow CH]
FL [Glow CH]
Gator [CH]
Max [CH]
Orc [Glow CH]
Rhyno [Gummy ST]
Starfire [Glow CH]
TeeRex-X [CH]
Viper [CH]
Whippet-X [Glow CH]
Whippet-X [ST]
Wraith [Glow CH]
XCaliber [Glow CH]
XD [ST]
Boss (Pro)
I see. The disc I found has a 2006 Augusta worlds stamp that has worn off. The plastic does have a little different feel and shimmers a little more. Can anyone give me a rundown on all the different abbreviations and what type of plastic they are?
I believe you left out the Goblin [ST]
The companies who print custom stamps for tournaments make sure that your custom order comes on some of the nicest plastic available.
People who are serious about competing look for the nicest plastic to throw and the CFR discs always qualify.

Well Said !!! Works for me !!! I'm always on the look out for Killer CFR Plastic !!! It has to be a Cool Hotstamp on a Great Disc !!

Great Place to Pick Up some Cool CFR Plastic !!

http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/cfrdiscs-c-34_41.html
Sounds like a Champion Wraith with the Worlds stamp on it.
CFR stands for "Candy Fund Raiser"
Nice plastic is considered "Candy" for Disc Golf Junkies like me!!!!
The extra funds collected go to the tournament stamped on the top of the disc.
Example: When you buy a "Best Shot" Disc, you become a sponsor of that tournament and your extra funding helps with payout and what not. You get extra special plastic and we get the funds needed to run a great event. Win/win.
Help support your sport, your platform, and your events by purchasing Great custom stamped plastic for your bag.
There are certain people who absolutely insist that they have the stock hotstamp on their disc.
They still do not know that the sweetest plastic is held back for custom stamping.
If you want the best, get something with a custom stamp on it...just a little secret for top dogs!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968