www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I need help. I am starting a little disc golf accessory company selling a disc retriever, embroidered towels, shirts, hats, stamped discs etc. I'm down to 3 potential logos and I can't decide which one to go with. Please let me know which one you like best and second best. Thanks -- Adding to the earlier message the graphic actually gave me 5 designs, but I could only upload 3 on this discussion. Your comments so far have been real helpful so I thought that I would show you the other 2 for your feedback. See the Discussion "Chain Seeker, 2 More Logos"

Views: 12

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the yin-yang on #3, I dislike the skull in #2, so I will vote for #1
All three are cool. Numbers 1 & 2 would be great logos for the tops of disc. I'
m a Graphic Designer and With my eye I spy # 3 for a great logo. The cost to put it on stuff will be tons less than the others. Plus a good rule is K.I.S.S. or Keep It Simple Stupid.
The only one that caught my eye is #2.
Wow, those are horrible! I’m not trying to be rude, but as a graphic designer, I would never offer that stuff to anyone! I hope you didn’t pay for those!

If you want, send me a private message, and I’ll design you a few for free! I’ll do it because if the person that designed those calls himself a graphic designer, it makes us all look bad!
Not really impressed with any of these, but I agree with the others - #1 is the best of three so-so choices. Nothing really jumped out at me. # 3 is nice and simple, but doesn't really say anything. I'm not fond of skulls - probably would limit your market some - so the only one left is # 1.

my 2 cents: I liked #1, then I realized instead of the "crown of thorns" look, perhaps you could make a "crown of CSs" (for Chain Seeker) that looked like chains.... really could be used to surround any design.
Option number one is best of the three. Just consider your clientel, and the use for the logo. (As a designer as well) You need to think about big picture and if the logo will look good on a bis card, website and if it produces well in both large and small printing and display. Also colors are inportant and help with readability in all the avenues mentioned above.
i agree, not a huge fan of any. if i had to choose the lesser of the evils i would say 1 is the best of the three.
that was my first thought also.
Your logo says a bundle about your company and your audience.
This you must ask of yourself, and the message that you seek to get across to the 'public.'
The design or logotype cannot be so difficult to understand, yes make it easy to understand.
The simpler the better are usually the most effective.
And don't let your personal taste get in the way.
Personally and professionally any of your three examples are not what I as a 'designer' would use.
An effective logo takes time and effort to 'find.'
A word to the wise, if you pay nothing for something it usually is worth that, nothing.
Good luck.
Disc Player Sports

This one : Chain Seeker Logo 1.jpg, 236 KB
hey now,not impressed wih any of the logo's.Take up the offer from those that posted who will help design a logo for you and your .buisness.keep it simple.good luck with your endeavor.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968