www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recently found a Champion Monster on my home course. No name, no number, and even the weight number was scratched off. When I put it on a scale it weighed out to 178.8 grams.. Odd, considering I thought this disc maxed out at 175g.

Am I allowed to play the disc even though it's overweight? I don't see why Innova would even manufacture a disc that's out of the weight range. It seems to be absolutely fine otherwise.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would make sense if most of your disc's were underweight as they lose material from hitting trees and rocks especially older dx plastic. But I can't see how they would gain weight unless you leave caked on mudd on the discs.
I think I remember something about discs absorbing some of the moisture from the air when its humid and hot out which would explain why they are heavier. Is it hot and humid where you live? I know it is where I live and I'm pretty sure california is known for dry heat so maybe when they weigh them in california they are lighter but when they get to us they have absorbed some moisture. I don't know if this is true or not but it makes sense.

I guess you could test by weighing a disc in the summer and then the middle of winter when the air is dry and see if it weighs less in the winter.
Max weight for a golf disc is 200g. not 175g. It should be legall right?
I think there may be a lot to your idea. I am in Florida, where humidity is very intense especially right now in the mid-summer. The monster in question and also the wraith that was severely overweight were both lost in bushes for an extended period of time. I guess I can now safely assume that my monster is rated as a 175g weight disc?
I believe there is a maximum based on rim width? Someone correct me if I am wrong.
It's the diamiter that they go buy. That's why the Roc and Buzz can be 180g Plus a few others.

I don't leave anything on my discs. I believe it may be humidity causing some of the discs to weigh so much. Or else maybe Innova doesn't do so great of a job regulating their discs?
I heard rumors that when some of the discs are weighed there could be multiple discs on a scale and then an average is used. I have no idea if this is true.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968