www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know people are going to go nuts on the Roc. It is a very popular disc. Here's my question though. I throw rhbh and sidearm. I throw a star skeeter or star aero for approaches, mostly rhbh. However, there are times when I need to throw sidearm. The skeeter is too flippy because I can get more power and snap with my sidearm throw. I'm looking to the shark or the roc for a sidearm release, and also for those windy days. What's your opinion and why? Not just, "Get ___. It's great!" Why is it great?

Views: 377

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My flat top glow rocs all fly the same. :)
To each his own, but if you are looking for a disc for "windy days". The Shark isn't it. It's just not stable enough. Then again. If you are only talking 5mph winds as windy. No prob., but if you are talking 10 to 25mph. I don't think you can put enough hyzer angle on it to keep it from flipping. Happy hunting! Next to playing. There's nothing like buying new plastic!
I'm sure that a shark may not be stable enough for some of you with the stronger arms, but for me, I think, think being the key word here, that it would be stable enough for me. On my drivers, the pro wraith, new, is over stable for me. Once it begins to beat in, it becomes a nice straight flier. On windy days for my over stable driver, I'm throwing a champion starfire. I can sidearm that disc and it will hold a straight line and I can always depend on some fade at the end. (Windy being a 15mph wind coming off a lake on my left.) Like I said, I'm leaning toward a champ shark. I've read that they are very similar to a roc in stability, just a bit slower.
The edges of each are different. Make sure you can get a comfortable sidearm grip with one of them, and then stick with it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968