www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does anyone know how to clean discs? I was practicing at my high school with a new set of discs I ordered and it was windy out. I threw one too high with my new nuke and it took a nosedive. On to asphalt. Now it has that black streak on it and I was considering dying it. Does anyone know the best way to clean off the black marks?

Tags: asphalt, clean, cleaning, disc, question

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha glad to know im not the only one, and honestly who doesnt want a good excuse to sit in a hot shower for an extra 10min? one of the best 10 min if you ask me haha
A soft sponge and comet cleanser.
Yes, but what do you do if you want to clean a disc other than a comet?
An old trick for tar is to spray it with WD-40, let set a minute and wipe it off. To clean my discs, I use a sink full of very warm water with a big squirt of dish soap and a scoop of Oxiclean and scrub with a plastic scrub pad.
okay, I'll try that then. Thanks.
Also, dish soap started to fade it, so I might try something a little bit more potent as well. Oven cleaner should do the trick. drain-o seems too severe, especially considering the fact that I may consider dying my nuke.
I have put mine in the dish washer. but you really have to keep an eye on it to make sure you dont let them get heat dried. Because if the dryer part comes on then you end up with a mess because it will bend your discs.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968