www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How much does your club charge for membership and what benefits (even more intangible ones like satisfaction and expertise) do you get from membership?

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kzoo Winter League at Oshtemo - 15 bucks to join, 5 bucks a week (or 7 bucks a week if you don't wanna join).
Benefits are fat. Winter-league hoodie, at least 4 ctp's or longest putts each week usually for gift certificates (10 bucks) to local places, or champion/star discs. Also a 50/50 each week and an ace pool. Then at the end of the league the top 1/3rd of players based on points which are earned against your average get paid a bunch of disc dollars (aka funny money). Well worth it. Every Sunday at 10am Osthemo from first week of November until...Aprilish.
Larry LaBond runs it, and a handful of the players get their work to sponsor ctps and stuff. I'm pretty sure it ends up being well over 100% payout.
My only problem with it is that it seems like the guys with the highest averages end up winning at the end of the season. I think that's because they have so much more space to beat their average by 10 shots or so. I would like to see the formula for points, and try and see if I could balance it out a little more. Not like I have one of the best averages there either, but the formula seems to favor the high scoring and inconsistent players.
Free... Don't get anything but hey Its free and 24 chains is a great bunch to hang and disc with. CHAAAA!!!
New Hanover Disc Golf Club - Wilmington NC
The initial fee is $20.00 which is good for one year. Thereafter, a yearly renewal fee of $10.00 will keep your status active. You will receive an official Membership disc and bag tag. We are an affiliate club on the pdga mb so members get $5.00 off pdga renewals each year.
www.sandiegoaces.com
http://sandiegoaces.com/2/

Mission Statement
Founded in 2007 the San Diego Aces Disc Golf Club is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the sport of disc golf and fostering a sense of community for disc golfers in the greater San Diego area. The San Diego Aces endeavor to promote Disc Golf as an environmentally friendly, family oriented, and socially beneficial sport that can coexist amicably with other recreations in urban areas and parks. The San Diego Aces primary goal is to build additional permanent disc golf courses in the San Diego area. Additional goals of the San Diego Aces included: promotion and support of local tournaments, to provide a fun atmosphere for all Disc Golfers, and to provide quality equipment at a reasonable cost to our members.
http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/
Benefits of Joining
You will receive a PDGA approved golf disc.
Membership Card
5$ discount on Club events (excluded is the BHMO)
Purchase Club discs at club prices ($2 discount per club disc)
Your right to attend and vote in monthly meetings
Help support us to promote disc golf in Columbus.

A 6 tournament point series race.
http://www.discgolfersr.us/group/chicodiscgolfclub

The Chico Disc Golf Club was created in 1997 to provide a community forum for local disc golf enthusiasts to share their appreciation of the sport, meet with other enthusiasts and to promote awareness of Disc Golf in our City and beyond!

Bag Tag = $20
Saturday Weeklies
Year End Charity Tourney & BagTag Raffle ($750+ in prizes)
Enjoyment, satisfaction and expertise = Priceless
$25 for a custom shirt and tag as well as discounts at local retailers. $1 collected from each player each week, for the league fund and one for the club's funds. Points are acquired through weekly play, and a end of season tournament with a points multiplyer determines divisional winners. Buy-in for the tournament for league players only. Points awarded for place of finish and one bonus point for every stroke under par during the series.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968