www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Different color discs of the same mold/weight fly differently. True or False? I'm trying to find out.

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess you have to go throw a ton of discs to find out by trial and error. That takes too much time, so I thought I would try to ask around...

Matt Sink said:
Ok, if colors make a difference but fluctuate between runs, then the question is, how do you tell the difference between runs of the same disc?
Matt Sink said:
Ok, if colors make a difference but fluctuate between runs, then the question is, how do you tell the difference between runs of the same disc?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&%%%%%%%%%%%%%%########@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Matt,
Sometimes different runs are hard to differentiate. Start by studying the disc from the run you want to replicate. Look closely at the color, the dominess and the plastic itself. Individual runs often have specific characteristics if you look closely enough.
Does color pigment have anything to do with the flight of a disc ?
I was down at the USDGC in 2007 and got to walk through Innova's factory with my buddy who's a dealer. While we were there a couple big Pro's (top 20) were there and we got to talk to one for a few minutes. He was there to pick up some discs that he wanted just for this reason your asking. The disc type was a champion fairway driver and he wanted only the clear or tye dye ones, that start out clear. He stated that these were more overstable then the color ones in the same mold. Also I've seen an interveiw with Avery Jenkins with him saying he only throws red Star Teebirds because they're more overstable then any of the other colors.
So there must be some truth in it. I also like what Mark Ellis had to say.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968