www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Heading to Ft. Meyers, then Boca, then Tampa next week during spring break. 

I checked out all the courses in the area via discgolfcoursereview.com but was wondering what kind of input I could find on here. 

My softball team will be playing at Florida Gulf Coast. I remember being able to see some baskets from the fields last year. Worth playing?

Next we head to Boca. I believe I'll be spending the most time here. Tradewinds Park?

Lastly, Tampa. I see USF has a course on campus as well. Limona & Buckhorn?

Thanks!

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't help with reviews of those particular courses, but the link below is helpful in finding courses that may not be listed in disgolfcoursereview. com. I travel frequently for business and finding a good course is as simple as entering the zip code. Good luck and enjoy the warm weather in FL.

http://www.pdga.com/course_directory 

Clearwater and st Pete are close to Tampa and u should definitely hit cliff Stephens, maximo, and even coachman and Taylor park if time permits. All are great courses.

You must play Cliff Stephens if your in that area. Hands down the best course in the Tampa/ St. Pete/ Clearwater area, with Maximo coming in a very close second. Coachman isn't all that great but is right around the corner from Cliff so its convenient to hit up after playing a round at Cliff. If you have the time, drive down to Sarasota and play North Watertower and Lakeview too they are really good courses. I drive 1200 miles down to Florida every year to play all these courses so that should tell you something about how good they are lol

How could I forget about Cliff Stephens, that's the only course I'm REALLY interested in playing!

Thanks for the responses!

Aw dang HG....No De La, Pinto, or Black Mouse for spring break lol!! Have a great and safe Vacation!!

The next time I get out to CA we will definitely be playing, sir!

I ended up playing Tradewinds Park in Ft. Lauderdale and the wonderful Cliff Stephens in Clearwater.

Also made my 3rd trip in three years to the Clearwater Disc Golf Store!!! Thanks, Wendy!

Tradewinds was pretty boring but had a couple of fun holes.

Cliff Stephens was definitely the highlight of my break. Played a round with 2 locals (Thanks, guys!) and managed to keep all my plastic despite some wicked water holes. 

The dgc has been removed from FGCU,North Charlotte Regional Park in Port Charlotte has 18 baskets.Located off 41 north,roughly mile 'n half from sr776 north.O'Donnel road is the location of our dgc.NCAA bb is playing at this park.First tee is located off to the left of the new bb field.Recentl redesigned since the field is where we had baskets 1-6,17 & 18.

many friendly locals will help you out.Sarasota; North water tower and Lakeshore has 2 dgc.look up the sarasota Sky Pilots link and info.

Limona is still there,9 baskets.

St Pete & Clearwater has dgc.Check out Clearwater dg store,very helpfull people.

USF is a private dgc for students/alumni,You might be able to find someone playing there to avoid any small hassle.

Located on Fletcher Ave,not far from the campus.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968