www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Although I carry a bag most of the time, there are times when I use a cart to carry a boombox, cooler, stool, umbrella, snacks, bug spray, etc, plus many of my older discs that I don't normally carry.

I have made a cart from a 3 wheel jogging stroller and also one from an old "Burley" bicycle baby trailer. They both work very well on most courses that aren't extremely hilly. The large wheels make pushing the cart effortless and the high ground clearance allows for going over fallen trees, stumps, etc.

Although both of these carts fold-up they still take a lot of room in the trunk of my car. I've seen many examples of modified ball golf carts and I may try to make one myself since the ball golf cart is smaller when folded and I could easily fit one than one in my trunk when I get together with friends who also have carts. The only issue I have with these is that they were specifically designed for ball golf bags, not disc golf bags, therefore inherent design flaws are present.

I've seen pictures of the "go cart" available at gottagogottathrow, but it doesn't appear to fold-up as small as a ball golf cart and it looks like it is nothing more than a handtruck with a seat.

Now that this disc golf sport is becoming much more popular, I am surprised that there are not manufacturers such as "bagboy", clickgear", "ogio" jumping into the market.

I am thinking of contacting some of these companies to suggest ideas.

My question for discussion is: Do you think there would be a market out there for a nice affordable all terrain compact cart that would carry your bag, small cooler, umbrella, music box, and other stuff?

It wasn't that long ago that disc golf bags became available. Prior to that, we all used a backpack or something similar.

Tags: Cart, Pull, discussion, for, ideas

Views: 1231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks I started looking to see if I cant pick one of these up I had no Idea you could get a jogging stroller for that cheap.  I would definitely have to make some mods to it though.
you'll got lucky finding one as inexpensive if you shop yard sales, craiglist, classifieds and auctions to turn one up at an affordable price. New they can be as high as $450.00. Schwinn makes a great unit also. about the mods, I know people that get the mid size stroller (medium wheels) and then do little to it all, aside from tossing their bag where the baby goes.
Found this "cart" on the curb.  we've fit 5 bags plus some cold ones for the group. 

Here's my cart. Another converted jogging stroller. My wife picked it up for $1 at a garage sale. Basically just stripped out he baby stuff and added a net to hold the bag.

Yes, the three wheeled strollers work awesome and have amenities like cup holders and underneath storage.

They are are balanced very well because they are designed to have small children in them.

If you want to try one out put an add on Craigslist saying wanted and a price your willing to pay and someone will contact you and almost give them away.

Dud

Nice!  Five bags together.  Play honors.  Last guy on the card pushes. 

We put three bags on a sled and pull that around in winter. 

I have built both a three wheel cart on a jogging stroller and a two wheel cart on an old Bag Boy golf cart.

The 2 wheel cart is designed for the smoother ground of a ball golf course and doesn't roll as well as the three wheel cart.

Another thing I have found, is that the 2 wheel cart is top heavy and tips over alot easier (smaller wheel base?) and is much harder to go up and down hills with. Side slopes can be a real bear.

A disc golf course can beat up a cart real quick. I have worn out one set of wheels on the Bag Boy cart and the frame on the three wheel cart has cracked twice.

Always get the largest wheels you can.

i like 3 wheeled,these are a good size tire,has hand break that sets,simple to attach your bag

Nice, I like the simplicity and size of that. Just grab it, hang the bag, and go. I made a jogging stroller conversion, but got a little carried away with options for a boombox, umbrella stand, seat, trash bag holder, cooler, storage, etc. Heck, it takes me 15 minutes to set it up! I love it on those long extended summer days on the course and will continue to use it. I can pack it to the gills with lunch, dinner, small tent, and more fluids than 2 people I can drink in a day. I dread the thought of a flat tire though.

I need something for everyday use that is quick and easy like yours shown above. From reading the other posts, I think I will stay away from the 2 wheeled pull carts.

Thanks

That's a serious pack mule. I hate to be the pusher.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968