www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I throw my discs with two fingers under the rim and average about 325 ft. I've seen alot of big arms put all four fingers under the rim and just crank it. Do you need to use all four fingers to gain maximum distance?

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right now, I'm using three fingers. I felt like my pinkie was just getting in the way. Plus, my control grip uses three fingers(different grip though), so I find it easier to go from one to another. Since I learned both grips, my distance drives seem more accurate and my mid and approach shots have more range.
Thanks for the input guys. I am at a point where I havn't lost a disc in a while and I am getting really confident with every disc in my bag, and I have been trying the four finger crank and you guys are definitley right. It is all about what is comfortable for the golfer. Hey, the more versitile, the better your "all around" game will become so really there are no limits to what you can do.
I use the pinch grip, two fingers under the rim and I don't see a sacrifice in distance over the power grip that most backhanders use. Like Mark Ellis said, it's all about what your comfortable with. depending on the shot I might use a fan grip on my drive, I might use a power grip or I might use a pinch. Do what you think is best in that given situation and don't worry about what everybody else is doing
I think its a right grip"Four fingers tight to the underside of the rim with thumb on top edge."
Thanks Donny Olow

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968