www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi

When you're in the woods and needing to aim...

How do you aim?

Do you just look and throw?

Point certain body parts at certain things or the basket?

second part:

Can you throw a beeline for the basket on this hole with a forehand?

How do you take the right and left out of the disc and throw it on a rope up the middle?

Where's the stress point or main muscle that you concentrate on?

This hole is 270 ft. 

(Cottage Grove, OR)

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is huge! About the only time I mess up a hyzer shot is because of the line of my walk up. If you run up on the line you want to start the disc, you don't have to be frenetic about keeping an eye on the target. When you practice you'll find it to be true. When you get to the point where you have a consistent release, you'll find Chuck's approach works very well. Know where you want to finish. The line of your walk up is going to be the initial path of the disc. We won't get into nose angle, snap, height, etc... :-) But then again none of that matters if your line is off to begin with.
i'll be moving down to coosbay in a few weeks, i look forward to playing this course(along with whistlers, been years since i played whistlers)
anyways, since its uphill, i would throw my mid conditioned kc aviar upto the guy next to the tree, but side arm roller looks fun also lol

i pick imaginary points to aim at, even if theres a tree in the background of my imaginary point,im not aiming at the tree,cuz i might hit it.plus, on this throw or other tech shots like this, i look at the shot,do a couple mock releases and get it in my head, then look away,and set up to throw....when im tee'ing off, im looking at back edge of my disc, and i follow it til its out of my hands, then watch the flight and hope trees move out of the way

like Mark Ellis said about backhanders using the minds eye, shoulder, and peripheral vision, thats what i do
Keith,

This hole (#14) has 3 positions I just read on http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/. This course if you wanted to see is North Regional Park in Cottage Grove, OR.

One of the other holes was to the left.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968