www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I want to hear some good stories about encounters with animals out on the disc golf course. What are some crazy things that have happened to you? What kind of animals have you seen out on the course and what were they doing? Once, me and a buddy saw a dog chasing a red-tailed hawk for about 300 feet. The hawk was flying 5 feet off of the ground and we thought the dog was going to get it but it eventually just flew up. It was pretty sweet. Let's hear some more!?!?

Tags: animal, bears, disc, fish, golf, hedgehog, snapple

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was out golfing on Central Michigan University's Course when a blue heron landed about 3 feet from the pin. Since they are protected in my area, we had to wait about 10 minutes for it to fly away.
hi
im phil from seattle wa
one time we had a coyote follow us up close and personal about 20 feet for about 30 minutes
one time we had an owl that would swoop down after your shot multiple occasions
one time a baby squirrel fell out of a tree and was dissoriented and followed us for three holes real close 2 feet
mike lowell dan we all seen theese
while playing crystal mountain i was shooed away from my shot by a hoarry marmut
karl laughed his butt off
a few cool things have happened to me...I've hit a few squirells at Warriors Path SP in Kingsport, TN...I hit at deer as it was running out of the woods at Charley Vettiner in Louisville and Knocked a bunch of baby birds out of their nest at Borden Park in Kingsport, TN....we also had a group of baby skunks that we took care of off of hole 24 at Warriors Path SP....it was wild and the mamma was no where to be found...to this day I think Jason J-Bird Light is still taking care of them haha
I have seen some strange stuff on the course. I have hit a squirrel or two in my day. One of the funniest things would have to be when the squirrels get there revenge. I have seen squirrels take a whiz on my buddies disc. This has happened on two different occasions. Sorry but i cant resist....... Better to be pissed off than pissed on.....
My usual weekly round is early Sunday morning. We often see and or hear herons around Hudson Mills. On two or three occasions in the past few years, we've witnessed their most excellent mating rituals. Big wings spread out, jumping up and down, totally national geographic stuff. We should start hearing them any week now. Then again, they might be slow this spring, like everything else. I know in past year's I've often heard the earliest frog calls by the end of February. No chance for that this year, should be a more typical frog year.

Watching the seasons come and go, along with all the changing flora and fauna, is one of the best reasons to be out there golfing, IMHO. Glad to see winter finally GOING!

Time to put my rollers back in the bag for tomorrow's round (as long as some freak snow storm doesn't come through today...)

Joe
I was playing with my brother at River Bend park in Troy, MI on hole #3 I flipped my disc over to hole #5 and went looking for it. When I found it I was standing over a baby deer no more then 5 feet from me just laying in the tall grass. when it realized I saw it the thing jumped up and ran like a bat out of hell. I started looking around hoping mama wasn't anywhere to be seen. She wasn't thankfully.
Today we were playing at the West Course in Kendall Hammocks, Hole 12 and two of my friends were attacked by a squirrel. First time in five years playing at this course that I saw a squirrel attacking somebody.
I Was golfing at Ft. Stielicome, WA . My buddie mike lost one of his discs to the right of the fairway on hole #2 when we were looking for the disc we scared a rabbit out of the brush the rabbit made it about 15 yards when a red-tailed hawk swooped down and snachet that rabbit. Mike was so sad for scaring the rabbit to his death.

The red tail hawk does also enjoy chasing a good roller if you lay it down below him while hes perched

I was at Milo McGiver State Park in OR i threw an driver down the fairway on the way down a Squierrl just happened to be right were my disc was landing it did two cartwheels and ran off im glad the little guy was allright

I was at Riverside in Summner WA and they have a Redheaded Woodpecker that likes to Bang his head on the top band of disc Catchers. I gess you can say he likes to bang his head to metal.

Please exscues my spelling
so many good stories!

Heath Kinton said:
I Was golfing at Ft. Stielicome, WA . My buddie mike lost one of his discs to the right of the fairway on hole #2 when we were looking for the disc we scared a rabbit out of the brush the rabbit made it about 15 yards when a red-tailed hawk swooped down and snachet that rabbit. Mike was so sad for scaring the rabbit to his death.

The red tail hawk does also enjoy chasing a good roller if you lay it down below him while hes perched

I was at Milo McGiver State Park in OR i threw an driver down the fairway on the way down a Squierrl just happened to be right were my disc was landing it did two cartwheels and ran off im glad the little guy was allright

I was at Riverside in Summner WA and they have a Redheaded Woodpecker that likes to Bang his head on the top band of disc Catchers. I gess you can say he likes to bang his head to metal.

Please exscues my spelling
We had a cat follow us through the whole course, 27 holes. It was 20 degrees and and a foot of snow. ( Mascot ) cat's name is Blue. http://blueribbonpines.net/
Its not exactly cool but I saw a park ranger shoot a coon at a tourny once.
i have regularly see a Bald Eagle at Whistler's Bend near Glide Oregon. I once saw deer leap an 8 foot fence. and yesterday there was a dead deer laying in the fairway of hole 14 at Whistler's

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968