www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I want to hear some good stories about encounters with animals out on the disc golf course. What are some crazy things that have happened to you? What kind of animals have you seen out on the course and what were they doing? Once, me and a buddy saw a dog chasing a red-tailed hawk for about 300 feet. The hawk was flying 5 feet off of the ground and we thought the dog was going to get it but it eventually just flew up. It was pretty sweet. Let's hear some more!?!?

Tags: animal, bears, disc, fish, golf, hedgehog, snapple

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was playing with my brother at River Bend park in Troy, MI on hole #3 I flipped my disc over to hole #5 and went looking for it. When I found it I was standing over a baby deer no more then 5 feet from me just laying in the tall grass. when it realized I saw it the thing jumped up and ran like a bat out of hell. I started looking around hoping mama wasn't anywhere to be seen. She wasn't thankfully.
Today we were playing at the West Course in Kendall Hammocks, Hole 12 and two of my friends were attacked by a squirrel. First time in five years playing at this course that I saw a squirrel attacking somebody.
I Was golfing at Ft. Stielicome, WA . My buddie mike lost one of his discs to the right of the fairway on hole #2 when we were looking for the disc we scared a rabbit out of the brush the rabbit made it about 15 yards when a red-tailed hawk swooped down and snachet that rabbit. Mike was so sad for scaring the rabbit to his death.

The red tail hawk does also enjoy chasing a good roller if you lay it down below him while hes perched

I was at Milo McGiver State Park in OR i threw an driver down the fairway on the way down a Squierrl just happened to be right were my disc was landing it did two cartwheels and ran off im glad the little guy was allright

I was at Riverside in Summner WA and they have a Redheaded Woodpecker that likes to Bang his head on the top band of disc Catchers. I gess you can say he likes to bang his head to metal.

Please exscues my spelling
so many good stories!

Heath Kinton said:
I Was golfing at Ft. Stielicome, WA . My buddie mike lost one of his discs to the right of the fairway on hole #2 when we were looking for the disc we scared a rabbit out of the brush the rabbit made it about 15 yards when a red-tailed hawk swooped down and snachet that rabbit. Mike was so sad for scaring the rabbit to his death.

The red tail hawk does also enjoy chasing a good roller if you lay it down below him while hes perched

I was at Milo McGiver State Park in OR i threw an driver down the fairway on the way down a Squierrl just happened to be right were my disc was landing it did two cartwheels and ran off im glad the little guy was allright

I was at Riverside in Summner WA and they have a Redheaded Woodpecker that likes to Bang his head on the top band of disc Catchers. I gess you can say he likes to bang his head to metal.

Please exscues my spelling
We had a cat follow us through the whole course, 27 holes. It was 20 degrees and and a foot of snow. ( Mascot ) cat's name is Blue. http://blueribbonpines.net/
Its not exactly cool but I saw a park ranger shoot a coon at a tourny once.
i have regularly see a Bald Eagle at Whistler's Bend near Glide Oregon. I once saw deer leap an 8 foot fence. and yesterday there was a dead deer laying in the fairway of hole 14 at Whistler's
We have a hawk that resides at our heavily wooded course. Durring the Atlanta Open '07 the hawk chased our drives over a 200' valley. The hawk dove into and after our drives! I thought he was hungry? Speaking of hungry, on a different trip to the same course that very same hawk swooped down from a higher tree on the very next hole and snatched a baby squirrel up of the ground. He landed directly infront of us on a limb showing off his catch! Meanwhile, the baby squirrel grasped in the hawks sharp talons wiggled to get free but that was not to be the case! The circle of life!
i fractured my ankle last winter at the end of the day, on the course far from my van. alone,no phone. it was very hard not to pass out as the sun was setting. the thing that kept me going was knowing that i had to get my dog back.
The cattle are why the basket is leaning. Cows and DG don't mix. The baskets feel too good to them as scratching posts.
Bear Creek Grapevine TX Hole 8...... Nailed a squirrel about 15 feet in front of me off the tee box...Thought he was paralized because he just layed there for about 10 minutes. Then he jumped up ran off and up a tree.. Was the funniest thing in disc golf I have ever seen.. It happened a year or so ago and I have several witnesses... We still laugh about it..
LMAO, i'm dying over here!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968